account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Hiding files

One time poster
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Hiding files

Hello, this is a short msj about the hiding concept of the sony xperia xa2. I mean come on, when I hide the picture is for a reason, anyone who use my phone can see the hidden items.

Hidden item must be private, hidden items need a password.
The other day I was selecting a profile picture in front of my mother and guess what, she saw an inappropriate picture that was hidden. Please make a section of the gallery private. The section must have a password and the folder can't be recognized for third apps.
 Samsung Galaxy has the private mode. "Sony do something like that" in this era we need that. 

Thank you. 
2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Hiding files

@Agugu

You can hide the pictures using the album app > long press on the picture(s) > menu > hide, although this will only hide them with the album app not other apps that have access to your pictures. 

I'll escalate this but make sure to send your feedback to Sony >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Hiding files

Hey

After you hide the pictures as usual

You can make the hide menu disappear buy going to album, setting, navigation menu, and unmark the hidden now no one uses your phone can see your hidden photos 😎