account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Fingerprint login in apps stops working

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Fingerprint login in apps stops working

Hello. 

When I setup an app to enter with fingerprint, after a while it gives me an error tgat sounds like "Security error. Can't retrieve security key" and switches off fingerprint login. After switching it on again, it works fine until next restart. 

Any idea what it might be? Its kind of annoying to reconfigure every app to use fingerprint after restart. 

Can I look through a log somewhere? Through ADB maybe? Or do I need root for this kind of logs?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and suggestions

2 REPLIES 2
Visitor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Fingerprint login in apps stops working

Hi,

Exactelly the same for me with my bank apk ! This phone need some software improvements.

Rookie
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Fingerprint login in apps stops working

Yes, I also have a problem with bank app. 

I've tested it out a bit and this bug is consistently replicated with every restart. Doesn't look like hardware problem though. I suspect it could be Android 8 issue or sony's branch particularly. 

Could this be a problem with the app itself? Wonder if support will ever reply in this topic. Slightly frowning Face