account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Do not disturb func

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Do not disturb func

The do not disturb function has been one of my favorites since I purchased my first Sony experia, especially being able to activate it for a limited time so that my phone reverts back to normal after a few hours. After the latest update I have the do not disturb option but it mutes media volume and not calls. So my ring tones and notifications still work which is disturbing my meetings. Is there a fix for this?

3 REPLIES 3
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Do not disturb func

Hi @JonnyB1, let me see if I can be of any help here!

As you mentioned, the Do not disturb-function has been altered a bit in Android Pie, however, the features that you mentioned still exists. 

You can still customize whether you want ring tones and notifications to be muted or not and whether calls are allowed. The only difference from previous Android versions is that this is done by going to Settings > Sound > Do not disturb, rather than doing it in the quick settings. In this menu you can also set the duration of the Do not disturb-mode. You can read more about the changes made to the Do not disturb function here.

I hope that this gave an answer. Feel free to get back to me if you have any further questions! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Visitor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you so much for your feedback. 

I noticed the added options in settings, so I adapted them accordingly. I had calls exemption on repeat calls only, then removed the exemption when that failed, and others all set off,but my phone still rings on calls and texts. Screenshot_20190515-124238.png

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thank you for your quick reply!

Could you please try to keep all settings as is exept for the exception for calls and see if the same thing occurs? Also, try setting the duration of the Do not disturb mode to a duration of any kind and see if the same thing occurs.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.