account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Connecting an external mic to XA2 Ultra

Highlighted
Message 1 of 1
Message 1 of 1

Connecting an external mic to XA2 Ultra

I want to use an external mic thorugh the headphone jack for speaker phone calls.  Googling indicates this is possible with all Android devices, as does Amazon's many external cell phone mics, so I bought a Sony cell phone mic with a 3.5mm jack and a Startech CTIA mic/headphone 3 to 4 position Y cable.  I have Smart Connect installed.

A youtube video indicated that the CTIA standard worked with an older Xperia phone, but I wouldn't be positing this if it worked with my XA2U.  It doesn't work and there is no information in the Sony user manual. 

I know a bluetooth headset is an option, but I prefer to use speaker phone, so a simple external mic would be best.  Does anyone know if there is a way to connect an external 3.5mm microphone for speaker phone calls?