account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Can't change volume to alarms.

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Can't change volume to alarms.

With the new update Everytime I press the volume button only the media volumes shows. Other than going to the settings is there a different way of turning down the alarm volume. Also when I change the volume and settings it always plays the alarm really loud. Is there a way I can stop it from making noises when I change the volume in the settings .

1 REPLY 1
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Can't change volume to alarms.

Hi @Lucasty007, welcome to our forum!

This is how the volume control works in Android Pie and there is no setting in the device to change it back to how it was in previous Android versions and the "preview" sound that is played when adjusting the volume, can not be changed either.

There may be applications available in the Google Play store that can change the behaviour of the volume control, so you can always have a look in there.

I hope that answers your question!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.