account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Camera not working

One time poster
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Camera not working

Hello.

I cannot take a pictures as everytime I open and camera, a message comes up saying 'cannot start camera, restart camera or device'.

I have restart the device several times but it didn't resolve the issue. 

What do you suggest to do?

5 REPLIES 5
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Camera not working

Same problem here. Installed the new update today and It worked for a moment, it seemed fixed. 

But after few tries it stopped working again, only works front camera.  The Flash also does not work. 

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Screenshot_20190426-163122.png

Hi please help us to fix this issue. 

What happen after the update. Very disappointing. 

Rookie
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

The same problem I have after the last update

Have you reached a solution ?

One time poster
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Still not working 

I am So angry...

Can You do something about this?!?! 

Visitor
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

After update camera started having issues (back camera/flashlight/flash).

Would have to restart the phone. Now, after 2 weeks, no rear camera at all. I bought this phone based on the CAMERA. I didn't break it. It's a glitch in software with the update apparently. I also can't fix it, without another update or Sony replacing the entire app. When I select back camera it just selects the other front camera since their are 2 (which is senseless but whatever). Why is this not working? It's almost like "right on time" so things can start going wrong. Well I bought this from a dealer on Amazon so I don't think there's any warranty. It's only 3 months old and very lightly used at that. Extremely babied. It's my camera and now it's only good for selfies. Well good but I'm not a selfie maniac. I need help as you can see im frustrated and angry. Not to mention calls sometimes never even ring. I'll look at the phone and notice someone called me twice in the last 10 minutes and it never rang. Volume is on full. Bluetooth is off. AND my sound off,/, silent feature no longer working. I'll live with it. 

WHAT CAN WE DO WITH THIS CAMERA? IF INDEED IT'S SOFTWARE I'M SURE SOONER OR LATER WERE ALL GOING TO BE AFFECTED. 

PLEASE HELP.