account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

AT&T LTE

Highlighted
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

AT&T LTE

Hello, 

I am having trouble WITH my XA2 Ultra and LTE on the ATT network. My phone will not stay connected to LTE, it will connect to LTE if I toggle the access point settings but then reverts back to H+ network after a few minutes and will not connect back to LTE again unless I toggle settings again. I even went to the ATT store and got a new Sim card, still not working.... 

10 REPLIES 10
Emperor
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: AT&T LTE

@Raiderfan247365

Have they entered the IMEI number into their database to enable 4G ?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

@uliwoolywrote:

@Raiderfan247365

Have they entered the IMEI number into their database to enable 4G ?

Funny you mention that. Do you know how hard it is to get through customer service before they will do this!? Very difficult lol. After about an hour on the phone with att I finally got a hold of someone who knew about this process, they said it would take them 72 hours to complete it, it's been 72 and I am still experiencing the LTE issue thoug, I've heard it can take weeks though. 

Learner
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Just got off the phone with att tech support today and they told me h+ is all I can get cause I didn't buy it from them. 

Emperor
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@Raiderfan247365

It doesn't take 72hrs, it can be done at any AT&T store. 

Which phone did you had before this phone? was it 4G LTE capable? Was it AT&T branded?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Emperor
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

@Dude5

It has nothing to do with that, usually they will give you that "excuse" when they have no idea what they are doing.

They have to enable 4G LTE on their side, with that said, they cheat customers, how so? 

You MUST have an IMEI number on their data base that belongs to a network branded phone, which means that if you had a AT&T branded phone with them, and it was 4G capable they can use that IMEI number, if not, then go to your local store, they should be able to help you, perhaps they have an old phone that they can use, or a friend's IMEI number. 

Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

@Dude5wrote:

Just got off the phone with att tech support today and they told me h+ is all I can get cause I didn't buy it from them. 

Yeah that's what they want you to think but it's not true, they can add your IMEI to their database to allow LTE. It's just a pain to get them to do it. Others have been successful according to posts on Reddit too. 

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@uliwoolywrote:

@Raiderfan247365

It doesn't take 72hrs, it can be done at any AT&T store. 

Which phone did you had before this phone? was it 4G LTE capable? Was it AT&T branded?

Yea, I kinda figured it doesn't take 72 hours, I went to the store, the employee said the same thing, "unbranded phones can't connect to LTE". It's just crazy how they do this to people just to try and get them to buy ATT branded phones. I have not had an ATT branded phone for years, however my previous device (Microsoft Lumia 95XL) had NO ISSUES connecting to LTE. The reason is, it's not fully about the unbranded phone, it also matters if ATT carries that model of phone period, since they did carry the 950XL, even unbranded ones could get LTE. It's just a joke. I ordered a starter kit from MintSim, it arrives tomorrow, if I still can't connect to LTE using this service, I may need to contact customer support at Sony. Thanks for the help man!

Emperor
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

@Raiderfan247365

No problem, I've been there before, it's funny that sometimes I have to walk in to one of the stores and tell them, this is what I need, this is what you have to do, step by step, and yes, it can be done. 

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

Yea, I may have to do that if MintSim doesn't work out, I mean it would be cheaper anyway, I just don't know how reliable their service is. Thanks again!