account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Xperia XA2 plus USB spec

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Xperia XA2 plus USB spec

Hi Sony support team, 

I would like to know whether Xperia XA2 plus supports :

(1) USB 3.1 ?

(2) USB OTG ?

(3) USB Host ?

If yes to above, any instruction to teach how to use it ?

Best regards, 

Owl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Xperia XA2 plus USB spec

Hi @Happyowl, let me see if I can be of any help here.

The XA2 Plus do not support USB 3.1, the highest standard for XA2 Plus is USB 2.0. It does however support OTG host, often referred to as USB host, meaning that you can connect USB devices to your Xperia device using a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable.

Keep in mind though that since XA2 plus has an open port, the phone needs to be booted up with the OTG cable and the accessory you want to use with the phone connected during the boot process.

I hope that this answered your question, Feel free to return if there is anything else i can help you with! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Happyowl, let me see if I can be of any help here.

The XA2 Plus do not support USB 3.1, the highest standard for XA2 Plus is USB 2.0. It does however support OTG host, often referred to as USB host, meaning that you can connect USB devices to your Xperia device using a USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable.

Keep in mind though that since XA2 plus has an open port, the phone needs to be booted up with the OTG cable and the accessory you want to use with the phone connected during the boot process.

I hope that this answered your question, Feel free to return if there is anything else i can help you with! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

View solution in original post

Rookie
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi Martin, 

Thanks for your quick reply !

According to https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-630-mobile-platform, Snapdragon 630 supports USB 3.1. If Sony disables this in her phone design, I disappoint about it.

By the way, 

- which Sony mobile models support USB 3.1 ?

- which Sony mobile models support MHL ?

Best regards,

Owl

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Thank you @Happyowl for your quick reply! 

USB 3.1 is supported by a number of different Xperia models such as XZ Premium, XZ1, XZ2 and XZ3. MHL on the other hand is only supported by older models such as the Z-series, Z1-series, Z2-series, Z3 series and Z5 series.

Feel free to return if you have further questions! Slightly smiling Face

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Hi Martin, 

Thanks again your reply last week.

I would like to know whether 

(i) XA2 plus USB-C port can support up to 480Mbps ?

(ii) XA2 plus can use USB -> HDMI adaptor (using Displaylink chipset) to output video ?  

https://www.diamondmm.com/product/bvu3500-display-adapter/

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.displaylink.presenter

(iii) Does the USB cable accompanied with XA2 plus phone support OTG ?  or it is just for charging & connecting to PC (phone as USB device) ?

By the way, it is really difficult to use paste in this forum editing area.

Best regards,

Owl

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi again, @Happyowl and thank you for your reply!

As I have mentioned previously, Xperia XA2 Plus do not support MHL at all, so the USB to HDMI adaptor that you linked in your reply will most likely not work. And as i also mentioned, the XA2 Plus-model uses USB 2.0 which has the capacity of transferring data at speeds up to 480mbps. The cable included in the box of the XA2 is a regular USB-type C cable for charging and connecting to PC or MAC, OTG cables are sold separately.

I hope that this answered your questions! Slightly smiling Face