account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

XA2 Plus shows up as Lenovo LINK in Windows 10

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

XA2 Plus shows up as Lenovo LINK in Windows 10

My XA2 Plus is a fantastic phone I must say (even coming from a Z5 Premium), but I had a lot of troubles connecting it to my PC to move over files. Later I found out that it shows up as a "Lenovo Devices Class", Lenovo LINK.

lenovo link.png

If I delete it, and re-attach the phone all works fine, but only for a day. The next day I stumble on the same Lenovo LINK.

Any clue how to solve this more permanently?

Bert alias LACOBO

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: XA2 Plus shows up as Lenovo LINK in Windows 10

@lacobo 

have you installed Xperia Companion on your computer?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: XA2 Plus shows up as Lenovo LINK in Windows 10

@uliwooly

Yes. But it only pops up when first deleting the Lenovo LINK driver and reconnecting the phone.