account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Sony Xperia XA2 Plus Announced

Adept
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony Xperia XA2 Plus Announced

Hi everyone, found the following phone on the Sony UK website :- https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xa2-plus/#gref

However once again, Sony are not listening to their customers and this new phone again does not have a headphone jack. When are Sony going to understand the basic concept that wired headphones sound better than wireless ones. From what I've also read on the web, Sony's lastest smartphones have sold poorly. To be honest I'm not surprised. Please Sony start listening to your customers and introduce a phone similar to the XZ Premium with smaller bezels, headphone jack with a higher voltage output, great sounding stereo speakers and finally great hardware. You are then onto a winner in my humble opinion.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sony Xperia XA2 Plus Announced

@slv815 after checking the link you have posted:

https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xa2-plus/design/ what's that thing on the top edge of the phone on the very first picture?

Adept
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi, thanks for your reply. It looks like a headphone jack ! Just to add that on the Sony website under specs, there is no mention of a headphone jack. If Sony have brought the headphone jack back, then they are listening to their loyal customers and I will definitely be considering buying this phone !

Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@slv815 as far as I can tell a headphone jack isn't mentioned in any Sony spec sheet. you can't find it on the XZ1 page, and the phone definitely has one https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz1/specifications/

Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

It's XA2 family, they have always included the headphone jack 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adept
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi, thanks for all your replies. My mistake. If Sony can bring back the headphone jack on all it's mobile phones, then that would be a fantastic move and I'm sure they would sell a lot more phones. Will have to see though the XA2 Ultra and the XA2 Plus side by side in a shop to see which one I like better.