account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Screenshots

Visitor
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Screenshots

How can I screenshots with this phone?

3 REPLIES 3
Visitor
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Screenshots

I got an Xperia Xa2 plus

Emperor
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Shirl93 

you have two options

1 long press the power button, a pop up menu will have the option to screenshot

or

2 press and hold power & volume down at the same time 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Shirl93, welcome to our forum!

As @uliwooly mentioned, there are two ways to take a screen shot and the most used one I would say is that you tap on "Take screenshot" in the menu that appears when holding down the power button.

The other option is great if you need to take a screen shot while for example, the status bar is dragged down, as it does not open up a menu on the screen which will close down this menu. If you are just going to take a screenshot of a website, your home screen and so on, the power button > Take screenshot is easier to use.

Let us know if there are any follow-up questions regarding taking a screenshot and have a nice weekend!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.