account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place this monday
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Can't pay using NFC

Learner
Message 11 of 16
Message 11 of 16

Re: Can't pay using NFC

Translation via Google Translate:

Did you solve the problem or not?

I have all the same problems.

Решилась проблема или нет?

У меня все те-же проблемы. 

Message 12 of 16
Message 12 of 16

@Alexyupi1978

We keep using Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 13 of 16
Message 13 of 16

Hi, the same problem for me with Google Pay, but I even cannot setup NFC payment

When press "Finish setup" in Google Pay, I see the following "This phone can't be used to pay in shops. this may be because it is rooted or altered in some other way". My Xpreria phone is absolutly new and I bought it in official store.

Do you have any ideas how to fix it? May be to apply Sony support, so Sony raise this issue to Google. Looks like a long story...

Learner
Message 14 of 16
Message 14 of 16

"Finish setup" in Google Pay, I see the following "This phone can't be used to pay in shops. this may be because it is rooted or altered in some other way"

Visitor
Message 15 of 16
Message 15 of 16

Good news!

I have just got a feedback from Sony support. The NFC problem is now resolved.

Restart your device and assign cards in Google Pay app.

Tested that, for me everything works well now. 

Thanks Sony for pretty quick reaction!

Sony Xperia Support
Message 16 of 16
Message 16 of 16

Hello everyone and sorry to hear about this!

You might have experienced that you could not use the Google Pay application for a certain period. This has been fixed and you should now be able to use it.

In the app settings for Google Play, you might also find a message that reads “Device is not certified” for Play Protect certification. This can be resolved by removing your Google account from the device and then add it gain.

To remove your Google account and add it again

1. Find and tap Settings > Accounts.
  2. Find and tap your Google account.
  3. Tap REMOVE ACCOUNT.
  4. Find and tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Google.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to add your Google account again.

Thank you @SViktor for confirming that everything is working now again and I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

I wish all of you a great weekend and happy shopping using Google Pay again! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.