account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

sony xperia xa1 remote play ps4

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

i don`t use remote play ps4 from my xony xperia xa1, what the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: sony xperia xa1 remote play ps4

Hi @chetchou,

I'm afraid that Xperia XA1 doesn't support RemotePlay according to the information available to me. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

15 REPLIES 15
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Hi @chetchou,

I'm afraid that Xperia XA1 doesn't support RemotePlay according to the information available to me. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

maybe letter xa1 have remote play ? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

@chetchou I'm sorry but I don't have any information about that at the moment.

One time poster
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

remote play

Is the Sony xa1 compatible with remote play?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

Re: remote play

Hi @-Joshy86-, welcome to the forum!

I'm afraid Remote Play isn't supported by the Xperia XA1.

Let me know if you have any further questions about this. Slightly smiling Face

Visitor
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

I bought an Xa1 knowing sony allowed remote play on the Xperia line. Can you please tell why it's not supported? It makes me want to take it back. 

Emperor
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

@HABNATIC

was it advertised as PS4 remote play compatible?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Sony Xperia Support
Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

@HABNATIC I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face I'm afraid that I don't have any information on why Remote Play isn't supported by the Xperia XA1 as I don't have information about decisions taken during development.

Regular
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

@HABNATIC wrote:

I bought an Xa1 knowing sony allowed remote play on the Xperia line. Can you please tell why it's not supported? It makes me want to take it back. 

I too bought a white XA1 in May under the assumption that it would support Remote Play functionality given that it was a brand new release from Sony and I had heard that the app worked on Xperia devices I just didn't know they only meant a select few. So I was quite disappointed to find out the XA1 wasn't compatible. I know there is a modified version of this app that can be downloaded and used on any android device but I want to make use of the official release. That way I'll also be able to update the app properly through the Play store. Is there anyway we can suggest this feature to be implemented to someone or where should we go for updates? The Sony Mobile Twitter? Or here on the forums?