account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

after repetition of same problem for three times, still they need time to decide the replacement...!

Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

after repetition of same problem for three times, still they need time to decide the replacement...!

Hi,
I am Manoj, from bangalore india, for past 15 years am fan/consumer of sony. Most of all electronics devices in my home are of SONY COMPANY for years. So, i have a trust in the brand. But sorry to say that now i have to say "i had".
On May 16th '17 i brought Sony Xperia XA1. Within 2 months i got a yellow tint on screen which in time became more darker and larger. Service center took the phone,they took 10+ days to replace the screen. I got the phone with new screen.

But, again after 1 month same yellow tint appeared on screen in the same spot. Again they replaced with new screen.

Now, At present yellow tint is back again in the same spot. I told them i need the new Model. I don't want to be victim any more.

On 26/03/2018 i have submitted my phone to your service center. Service technician told that he can replace the display again and only repair option is available. I insisted and told him that, if display problem is happening for first time, "repair is the only option" make sense. But in my case same yellow tint is observed in the same region of display for 3 times(even after replacing with new display). So, i have request for replacement of phone model. He said he need to talk to higher authorities and confirm. As of now they took the JOB as repair, even though there was a option in the job sheet for requesting replacing.

Now my question is, after repetition of same problem for three times, still they need time to decide the replacement...!!!

Now on 4/9/2018 i did talk to your customer care they connected me to higher authority, he did call to my regional office in bangalore, and sid that phone can't be replaced and i asked him why, to that he said its regional heads decision and its final which doesn't make sense.

For last 8 months i have been to sony service center 5 to 6 times for same issue asking to resolve this permanently, but every time what i get is replacement of display and re-occurrence of same issue.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: after repetition of same problem for three times, still they need time to decide the replacement

But surely the "replacement" option is in fact the same model?

The fact that you have to wait for a senior CS manager to decide, is normal for this kind of request.

I hope you get your device as you expect it, soon.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

Re: after repetition of same problem for three times, still they need time to decide the replacement

Exact same issue with me. Except under Irish law I am entitled to redress - this redress hasn't been effected after two 'repairs'. I want a refund nowbecause the problem is happening a 3rd time, but Sony are refusing to give me a refund.

Learner
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

My name is Prabhanjana from Bangalore. In my case, it's 3 times as well. But the problem was that the touch screen edges were not responding properly. They decided not to replace my phone. My phone's warranty period is going to end on 22nd April. They said me that they would provide me a letter of confidence which is valid for 3 months. After that, if it occurs again, it does seem they expect me to pay for a problem which is not caused by me.

I had bought this phone with the same trust as my Xperia ZR. But my experience with this phone was worst and the service they provided was dissatisfying.  I'm never going to buy from Sony again and would suggest everyone here shift as well. 

Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Sorry to know that, u did't try to put the issue in consumer court

Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

No, they are refusing to replace. So, i am going to TV media with my story this week, and keeping post in all regional and national groups and circulating this issue (may be put poster near every SONY center in the city). 

Paralelly, am issueing a complaint in consumer court.

The funny thing was , when i called to customer care they connected me to their head and i told me that regional officer told to not to use XA1 continueosly more the 4 hours, WHAT...!!! did they printed it on box, did he lost his mind.

I am going to make SONY to pay,  

Visitor
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

The same issue happened with me three times , I refused repaired handset third time cause it was totally scratched in repairing. They given me replacement after 30 days after so many follow-ups. Now this new handset is also having same touchpad issue within month. SONY's mobile quality is worst. Why dont they shut the company?

I think we should go to consumer court cause these SONY people, they dont care about customer.

Learner
Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

It's 5th time now guys. 😂😂

I bought Oneplus 6. But I still use that phone.