account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Yellow spot on display

One time poster
Message 1 of 9
Message 1 of 9

Yellow spot on display

Hi all,

recently i have purchasedDSC_0347.JPG two devices Sony Xperia XA1 one for me and my fiance.After  few months of use yellow spots started to appear on both devices.Running the build in display test is showing that the problem is not software related.After making screen shot    and viewing the image there is on other device the yellow spot is not visible.It seems the problem is hardware related.I must say that i am very disappointed that such  problem can appear   after few month of usage.Is any one having the same problem,who should i contact.Im Softwear Test Engeneer  and i can definetlay tell this is hardwear issue.

8 REPLIES 8
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 9
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yellow spot on display

Hi @Nikolas3,

I'm sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

It does look like you say that this is related to your devices hardware. I recommend that you get in contact with your Local support for assistance with having your device sent to a authorized service center for repair. Your local support team can also assist you with any question you may have regarding service routines and warranty.

Let me know how it goes.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 9
Message 3 of 9

I have also facing same problem , I have purchased xa1 from flipkart found yellow spot on screen dispaly , I returned the mobile to seller and he send me new replacement but after 3 months in new mobile also facing same issue and service centre is refused to repiar in under warranty because he said some very minor scratch marks on back pannel and corner 

Job no W118021300500 at Active Techno care indore 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 9
Message 4 of 9

Hi @Rkaushik,

I'm very sorry to hear this. Slightly frowning Face

I recommend that you raise these concerns with your Local support. This is an international community and your local support team is better equipped to answer questions regarding warranty and service routines in your country/region.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 5 of 9
Message 5 of 9

It happened in my device too but in mine was after it felt. A rainbow like stain appeared when pressing with the Black screen. I analized The cel and The edge near the stain had a small bend. I forced it a little to fix The alligment and it worked! It is as New. If you do this bê caution not to break The screen 

One time poster
Message 6 of 9
Message 6 of 9

hello , i've the same issue in France when i've changed my mobile in end of december 2017 . I've bought Xperia XA1 then 3 months after a yellow mark appear on the left edge of the screen .

This mark continue to progress along the edge . This mark is very visible when you get a white back screen  , for example to write a memo or to see a  clear picture.    

This problem has to be take account by Sony itself  not by local service which are very different answers each time to not change anything. !! 

Please Sony act for your customer to fixe this issue by changing the model

thanks  help us !!    

Visitor
Message 7 of 9
Message 7 of 9

Это от перегрева, скорее всего... Я думаю как раз после фотографирования и использования фонаря. Экраны бракованные... Очень много брака! А сервисы поэтому и отказывают, так как им не выгодно. 

It's from overheating, most likely ... I think just after photographing and using the flashlight. Screens are defective ... A lot of marriage! And the services therefore refuse, because they are not profitable.

GT

One time poster
Message 8 of 9
Message 8 of 9

I HAVE ONE NOW...I attribute this to the recent revelation that I had a very aggressive >gangstalker< group actively attacking me as I was able to confirm after the horrible radiation burns were occuuuring on my skin.

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 9 of 9
Message 9 of 9

Same problem on my samsung on7 prime yellow spot top right on screen how i solved it