account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Xperia Xa1 won't turn on

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Xperia Xa1 won't turn on

Hello,

i dropped my xa1 two days ago and it kept running for almost an hour after that (took photos and was also able to show them to a friend) but then suddenly turned off while still having about 40% power. Dropping it left no visible damage at all.

Now i can't turn it on again: Not with holding the Powerbutton for 10 seconds or more, not with holding it and the volume down button for 10 seconds, not with connecting it to my notebook (notebook doesn't even recognize a cell phone being plugged it). When I try to charge it, it vibrates, the red charging light goes on (the display shows no reaction) and after 3 seconds the light goes. 3 seconds later it vibrates again, light goes on and off again... And so on in a 3-second-rythm. (stopped this after about 1 hour)

Does anyone has any idea how/if I can fix this? The phone is about 2 years old.

(And please forgive me my grammar/spelling mistakes. I'm not a native englisch speaker)

1 REPLY 1
Emperor
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Xperia Xa1 won't turn on

@Miette 

I'm sorry to hear that but it's almost impossible to know the extend of the drop, maybe the battery its loose, you have couple options:

1 contact Sony directly to get it inspected / repaired

or

2 DIY, which will void the warranty, if any, check the battery, ribbons, etc. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)