account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XA1 dual got an system update 40.0.A.6.162

One time poster
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

XA1 dual got an system update 40.0.A.6.162

Just now updated...

System storage and performance not affected..

Only noticable change is latest security patch of 

November 1. 

6 REPLIES 6
Visitor
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: XA1 dual got an system update 40.0.A.6.162

300mb just for security patches? Is that not a bit much or is it normal 

Pioneer
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

@BrutnellBoy wrote:

300mb just for security patches? Is that not a bit much or is it normal 

It just depends on what's actually in the security patches, @BrutnellBoy... But Sony - like most mobile device manufacturers - don't publish detailed changelogs for the updates and upgrades they push out, so there's often no way to tell why some updates/upgrades are larger than others...

But if it came over-the-air or via Xperia Companion, it's from Google themselves (via Sony and where applicable, via your network), so it's perfectly safe - it's obviously just a big update though.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Highlighted
Visitor
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

Thats fair enough. I'm just patiently and excitedly waiting for the oreo update for my XA1

One time poster
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Got problems after updated.... Volume problems.... Font size chaged everytime when i restart

Learner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Is there any problem with wifi and bluetooth after updating?

Pawel from Poland
Talent
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Nope, works fine here...