account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

XA1 Tethering Error

a_m
One time poster
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

XA1 Tethering Error

I bought my Xperia Xa1 Dual SIM on 29 June 2017, last week. There is an error message when I turn on portable hotspot on my device.

4 REPLIES 4
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: XA1 Tethering Error

Hi @a_m

Welcome to the community! 

Sorry to hear about that Slightly frowning Face

What was the error message you get when you turn on the hotspot?

Let me know Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

I also get the error on my Xperia XA1 it says error occurred during tethering

One time poster
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

me too. I'm having trouble with regards to opening the tether. There's always a pop up message says "Tethering Error

Error occurred during tethering"

What can i do for this? i have the latest system update and i don't know how to fix this

Hope you can help me with this

Highlighted
Learner
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Is there an answer for this problem yet? 

I see people have been complaining about Xperias having this problem since 2013. 5 years later and it's still happening?!

Come on Sony, catch a wake up. I was considering sticking with Sony after being impressed with this phone, but now I'm not so sure. 

I travel and teach online (real-time). I often need to use my phone as a hotspot so I can do this. This problem is costing me money!