account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi connection clogs up

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Wifi connection clogs up

Phone is connected to network. 4  bars signal strength. But Internet will not always connect. Have to restart WiFi by going in and out of aeroplane mode. It will then work for a bit until it goes off again. Other devices on network OK. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Wifi connection clogs up

I contacted Sony support over this and they recommended Software repair using PC connection. This I have done reluctantly - you have to reset all the apps afterwards - but it has made no difference. When I got back to them, they could only advise workshop repair. I cannot see this as being any use, as there is not a hardware problem.  Other forum threads have suggested a conflict between Wifi and Bluetooth, and this does appear to work, although it is not ideal.  You need to only use one or the other at the same time, not both. If you turn off Bluetooth, wifi seems to work OK.

3 REPLIES 3
Apprentice
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Suspect only solution will be data reset but trying to avoid this if poss

Apprentice
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

I contacted Sony support over this and they recommended Software repair using PC connection. This I have done reluctantly - you have to reset all the apps afterwards - but it has made no difference. When I got back to them, they could only advise workshop repair. I cannot see this as being any use, as there is not a hardware problem.  Other forum threads have suggested a conflict between Wifi and Bluetooth, and this does appear to work, although it is not ideal.  You need to only use one or the other at the same time, not both. If you turn off Bluetooth, wifi seems to work OK.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Phone's a piece of cr@p dude and Sony has no interest in issuing refunds. BElieve me I've tried, having sent my phone for 'repair' twice already.