account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi and bluetooth connectivity problems

One time poster
Message 11 of 30
Message 11 of 30

Re: Wifi and bluetooth connectivity problems

For me it's the same I have two new phones and he kidding that the update is done with the factory settings everything works.

Pour moi c'est pareil j'ai deux téléphones neuf et il déconne des que la mise a jour est faite avec les paramètres d'usine tout fonctionne.

Emperor
Message 12 of 30
Message 12 of 30

@Bizolachemou

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post. 

Also, I've removed the foul language. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 13 of 30
Message 13 of 30

I am having the same problem with WiFi. I haven't tried my Bluetooth yet. Will we have to wait for the next update for it to be fixed? 

Regular
Message 14 of 30
Message 14 of 30

Probably have to wait fot android 8.. Maybe Sony will fix soon.

Highlighted
Adept
Message 15 of 30
Message 15 of 30

XA1 is inherently defective. Non responsive screen edges, bluetooth and wifi dropping and yellow 'clouding' in upper corners of screen all common problems around the world.  Get it repaired by Sony. Fault will happen again in a matter of months. Sony doesn't care or respond to this forum so you're wasting your time looking for a response from them. And get a Samsung next time.

Regular
Message 16 of 30
Message 16 of 30

Hi,  Will have to trust that Sony will fix problems.  Always gad Sony phones & didn't like the Samsung. I'll wait & see. Sony did an upgrade which worked for a while & I presume they don't wasnt to lose customers.

One time poster
Message 17 of 30
Message 17 of 30

I only got my XA1 in October 2017 and it was fine for a couple of months but recently I can’t connect to my Audi Bluetooth even after restarting the phone sometimes, I have to remove the connection and the set it up again. Wi-fi is an absolute nightmare.

Emperor
Message 18 of 30
Message 18 of 30

@Mawei1 

This is a global user based forum, what does that mean? it means that if you want support you should contact them directly >>> Local support

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 19 of 30
Message 19 of 30

I think this is the same issue than the one descibed here : https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA1/Wifi-Signal-dropping-on-XA1/m-p/1234257#M727

Rebooting the phone is a good solution (ie : it works all the time), but because it looks like the phone needs a "shock" on the wifi+bluetooth chip, it sometimes works by simply switching on and off airplane mode.

It really makes me angry!

Learner
Message 20 of 30
Message 20 of 30

I can no longer connect to my car Network. I even removed the network and reconnect from scratch, rename the network, without success. Tried the airplane off/on, rebooting, turn wifi off/on, nothing is working anymore. 

Any one have a clue before I give up and switch phone?

Thanks,