account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Wifi and bluetooth connectivity problems

One time poster
Message 1 of 30
Message 1 of 30

Wifi and bluetooth connectivity problems

So this issue has been going on for a bit with the wifi but both problems are similar.

For Wifi it'll report that it has perfect signal but won't be capable of sending or recieving data. This will persist untill I reboot the phone.

Then after taking the recent update (build 40.0.A.162 with November 6 security patch) the bluetooth has been refusing to connect unless I reboot the phone. This occurs with my Mazda, and my Sena 10c headset. 

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Adept
Message 2 of 30
Message 2 of 30

Re: Wifi and bluetooth connectivity problems

Exact same. Wifi useless and blutooth not connecting to my car or speaker at home for last couple of weeks unless I restart phone every time.

Learner
Message 3 of 30
Message 3 of 30

There's a 6 page thread on this already. My phone doing same. Trying to get Vodafone to swap. They can't find anything wrong... Grrrr 

One time poster
Message 4 of 30
Message 4 of 30

I am also having these issues.  Bluetooth won't connect, and wifi will basically disconnect, even though it is showing that it is connected.  No amount of attempting to reconnect will work until I restart the phone.  It will work for a little while and then it starts all over again.

Learner
Message 5 of 30
Message 5 of 30

You do not have to restart your phone ... just turn on and off the airplane mode

Pawel from Poland
Learner
Message 6 of 30
Message 6 of 30

By jeaves that's done the trick!! 

Learner
Message 7 of 30
Message 7 of 30

After TWO replacement from my service provider, the 3 different devices of XA1 still have the same problems!!... I don't know what to say... Look like every XA1 devices in the world has the same problem... Is someone knows if it's an hardware of software issue ??

Regular
Message 8 of 30
Message 8 of 30

I will try that. Very maddening . Not a great advt for Sony

One time poster
Message 9 of 30
Message 9 of 30

Also same Problem (Germany). Any solutions? Think I will wait for Android Oreo.

Regular
Message 10 of 30
Message 10 of 30

Tks.  I notice the problem is much worse when battery level drops below 50% charged and the there is no solution ezcept to charge fully.