account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Inhabitant
Message 211 of 223
Message 211 of 223

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Congratulations! Nothing abt the update at Singapore ... But sir if you would try to restart the phone and see for the rest of the day, if the update is true to be working ? =) please

Regular
Message 212 of 223
Message 212 of 223

Hi Guzzy,

Sure I've reset the phone, almost one hour later it is still fine. One note is that push notifications aren't coming through on my Fitbit dispite it remaining paired and updating on request, but no push notifications might be down to the fitbit app needing an update aswell.

I'll post again tomorrow and let you all know how it's going for me.

I'm doing everything that normally cuts the WiFi off when the Bluetooth is on and it's surviving so far.. 

Adviser
Message 213 of 223
Message 213 of 223

Mine to, ver 8 oreo kicked in this morning and it has been all good up to now.

In the UK and on the bt network which is the really EE. Hope this helps. 

Regular
Message 214 of 223
Message 214 of 223

24 hrs later.. No issues with the Bluetooth and WiFi.. 

Couple of resets, but not due to the WiFi Bluetooth connections - they sprung back in to action as soon as the device rebooted. 

Used on 4 different WiFi connections, 5ghz and 2.4 without issue. 

Looks like the orieo 8 update has solved this issue at long last!..  🤞🏽 . ... For now.. Who knows what the future holds. 🔮 

Device: xa1 duel sim (G3112) 

Network: 3 (three) 

Adviser
Message 215 of 223
Message 215 of 223

Still no Oreo here in Brazil.

Apprentice
Message 216 of 223
Message 216 of 223

Recieved this morning the Oreo update. 

First have to recharge the phone. 

Location the Netherlands! 

Apprentice
Message 217 of 223
Message 217 of 223

One week with Oreo and no problems with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 😀

Apprentice
Message 218 of 223
Message 218 of 223

Still working fine with Oreo! 

One time poster
Message 219 of 223
Message 219 of 223

Xperia XA1 wi fi drops every now and then after Oreo update

Hello!

After update to Oreo my XA1 sometimes drops saved WiFi networks every now and then. Even if I go to WiFi settings and force it to connect via menu it still cannot connect. It connects smoothly after restart but only for an hour or so. Very annoying. 

I have tried Safe mode, but couldn't work much due to unavailability of third party apps and I have also tried different wifi networks but the problem persisits. 

This has been an issue only after Oreo update, Any idea?

Rookie
Message 220 of 223
Message 220 of 223

Re: Xperia XA1 wi fi drops every now and then after Oreo update

If you are connected to multiple WiFi signals in range, I would suggest forgetting one of them so that it will select the only WiFi connection. I have noticed this happening on my own handset and forgetting one of the networks caused it to stop dropping connections. This is probably due to the system switching networks because one network is stronger and it fluctuates.