account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

One time poster
Message 201 of 223
Message 201 of 223

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

My XA1 is a week old and It has never connected to any wifi!! I am so frustrated!

I tried everything and it still does not connect. What is the way forward here Sony???

Adviser
Message 202 of 223
Message 202 of 223

It's a shame that Sony still keep this device on sales. Sony is 100% warned that wifi doesn't works. 

One time poster
Message 203 of 223
Message 203 of 223

As you will see from this thread the only solution seems to be to switch off Bluetooth when you want to use WiFi. They CANNOT be used together. If you do have WiFi and Bluetooth on together WiFi will stop connecting so you will need to restart the phone to make a connection. Remember to switch off Bluetooth once restarted.

Sony has not provided a solution, many people have returned their phone but problem not resolved. The recent update of android software has not solved the issue either.

I can't believe they are still selling the phone.

Regular
Message 204 of 223
Message 204 of 223

Hi, in my X1 the wifi signal dropping if I don´t use the bluethoot to, when the bluethoot is Off, the Wifi signal also drop.

And I have a new problem, the right side of the touch panel has begun to lose sensitivity, is enough for me...

Visitor
Message 205 of 223
Message 205 of 223

My XA1 Dual SIM is under two weeks old and has all the software updates.

I connect to 2 wireless networks. One is Cisco the other Draytek.

All of the equipment served by the networks are happy with 5GHz and hidden SSID.

I have tried my phone in these modes:

5GHz hidden SSID: Doesn't work.

5GHz broadcast SSID: Works for a while then stops but still shows full signal.

2.4GHz hidden SSID: Works sporadically.

2.4GHz broadcast SSID: Has been working for a few hours now so I will continue to test.

How Joe Public is supposed to set this phone up successfully is beyond me.

Wi-fi connectivity is important in this day and age. Please can someone at Sony give this fault the attention it needs. The phone does not perform as advertised.

Message 206 of 223
Message 206 of 223

Hi

Our 2 xa1's have now both the oreo update and seem to be working fine now.  Cross fingers it Will last. 

Apprentice
Message 207 of 223
Message 207 of 223

Bonjour, 

Mon XA1 a été mis à jour avec Oreo depuis mardi et le Bluetooth et le Wi-Fi fonctionnent ensembles correctement. 

Hello,

My XA1 has been updated with Oreo since Tuesday and Bluetooth and Wi-Fi work together properly.

GT

Visitor
Message 208 of 223
Message 208 of 223

It's good to hear Oreo has been released for the XA1 Dual SIM in your country. I look forward to it being available in the UK.

When I get it, I will report back whether the fault has been rectified on my phone.

m2s
One time poster
Message 209 of 223
Message 209 of 223

I bought this phone on its first week of release and didnt have any wifi issues, but then after a couple of official updates wifi started to drop out during high wifi loads like youtube where it drops out and I have to turn wifi on and off to make it work. And now after latest android 8 updates it got even worse, and can drop out even 20 seconds after restarting the wifi.

And yes bluetooth is off and no nothing wrong with my router modem it is a highend top of the line modem and never drops out.

Regular
Message 210 of 223
Message 210 of 223

Holy mother!!!! It works...

Oreo update kicked in this morning, since the install the Bluetooth and wifi have worked fine for a record five hours. 

Smart watch connects, dslr camera connects, headphones connect... So long without Bluetooth I can use my other stuff at long last!... 

Network: 3 (three)

I hope this is that case for everyone else.