account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Learner
Message 1 of 223
Message 1 of 223

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

I've had this phone not even a week and its constantly dropping the WiFi signal at home. Let alone out and about. Absolutely gutted. Had Sony's for over 10 yes. But never had this problem. Please help or I'm sending it back. I've tried turning off phone,WiFi,everything I can think of. 

222 REPLIES 222
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 223
Message 2 of 223

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Hi @Mariadancer, welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having this issue Slightly frowning Face

Just to confirm, this is happening with all WiFi connections, not just your home connection?

Do you experience the same issue in safe mode?

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Regular
Message 3 of 223
Message 3 of 223

Same problem here. I've started the phone in safe mode...same thing. The phone has been updated to the last firmware. It's a hardware of software problem? 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 223
Message 4 of 223

Hi @db79ake,

Does this happen on all wifi networks or just your home one?

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 5 of 223
Message 5 of 223

Originally it was dropping all wifi everywhere. I have done a system repair online and was fine for a few hrs and bam straight back to not working on any wifi again. Ive put my new sim card into my old phone thinking maybe it was that. But i was getting perfect wifi as I've always done with that. (a xperia z3 compact). Ic ant get it too even go into safe mode. Im so so gutted with this. Ive never had any problems with my son phones and ive been using them for 10 yrs or more. Whats happening??

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 223
Message 6 of 223

@Mariadancer,

What happens when you try to put your phone in safe mode? Have you followed these steps?

http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-boot-your-phone-into-safe-mode/td-p/348008/jump-to/first-un...

Visitor
Message 7 of 223
Message 7 of 223

Myself and my partner both bought XA1's around a month ago mine in black hers white and she appears to be getting the same issue described above. We are both using the same wifi access point and i do not get the same issues she does, which makes me think it is her phone. i will try the phone in safe mode tonight but i think it might be a faulty device which is incredibly frustrating 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 223
Message 8 of 223

Let me know how you get on @blucathode.

Visitor
Message 9 of 223
Message 9 of 223

Testing in Safe Mode is almost impossible as it removes the abillity to use any apps. I've have tried a few things since. 

1. running the diagnositics tool built into android - no issues found

2. assigning a static ip address to the phone 

I'm still getting the issue so i am thinking that the hardware itself must be faulty. This is annoying as a, its a brand new device and b, my partner will not have a mobile phone during the time it will spend at the Sony repair location.

Can you advise further on what i should do? 

Regular
Message 10 of 223
Message 10 of 223

On my case: i have a dual band router + a repeater on 2.4 Ghz band. When on 2.4 Ghz...the signal is lost for a few moments, then it reconects. On 5 Ghz band it's not happening. I've tested on another router (2.4 Ghz) and the simptomps are gone...so maybe in my case it's the repeater's fault.