account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Adviser
Message 191 of 223
Message 191 of 223

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

As far as I can tell there has been no response from Sony on this thread in months unless it's to remove comments from people slating the product!

No resolution, no update as to when or if the problem will be resolved. 

As I said before I am stuck with a useless product as purchased outright until I can afford a decent phone but I assure you it won't be Sony next time. 

Customer service and customer satisfaction is appalling

Rookie
Message 192 of 223
Message 192 of 223

Hi,

How has your phone been 2 weeks on?

What country are you from? 

No Oreo update available as of yet (UK).

Thanks.

Rookie
Message 193 of 223
Message 193 of 223

I think the GPS is out as well. Did Parkrun (5k) last weekend and my phone seemed to track it almost 1k less distance!

Inhabitant
Message 194 of 223
Message 194 of 223

Hi I'm from Singapore and I have given up all hopes with my brand new xa1 and kept it back in the box, stored away from my sight. It went for repair being just 3 days old, came back, screen was better but WiFi still aweful.

Learner
Message 195 of 223
Message 195 of 223

Oreo has arrived in UK, on 02 at least. I haven't needed to go into Airplane mode and out again to fix network/bluetooth problems since I installed it on Friday, but Wifi network does still disconnect/connect again on a regular basis.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 196 of 223
Message 196 of 223

Hi Everyone,

You might experience that your phone sometimes drops the Wi-Fi connection while Bluetooth is turned on. This is known behaviour that will be addressed in a later software release.

Note! Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, we cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

A workaround until the solution is available is to turn Bluetooth off.

To turn Bluetooth off

1. Find and tap Settings > Device connection.
  2. Tap the switch beside Bluetooth to turn Bluetooth off.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 197 of 223
Message 197 of 223

Unfortunately that is not acceptable. We have been dealing with this for months we all know the work around but we did not buy this phone to work around. If we had known it did not work from new we would not have bought it. We would have gone elsewhere. It needs sorting now. 

Adviser
Message 198 of 223
Message 198 of 223

Sorry, but turn off bluetooth is not an workaround. I need both, wifi and bluetooth working at same time.

One time poster
Message 199 of 223
Message 199 of 223

Another workaround until the solution is available is to throw away your XA1.

To throw away your XA1

1. Find your XA1 in your pocket (which is probably with the Wi-Fi off, as it never works).
  2. Throw it away to the closest garbage can you can find, where it belongs.
  3. Never buy Xperia again.

Thanks, Sony.

Btw, I already "unlocked" my Xperia in order to get the latest updates (and not depend on my awful telecomm operator). Still not working.

Adept
Message 200 of 223
Message 200 of 223

I handed mine in to my nearest phone shop for recycling. Bought a Samsung A3 instead. Will never even consider a Sony phone again. I had to send it for repair 3 times for the same recurring issue and yet Sony refused to give me my money back (€279), despite me being without a phone for days on end the 3 times it was being 'repaired' and me kindly and patiently playing along with their stupid process. So I'm down quite a bit of money due to Sony. Cheers! Your customer service is a joke.