account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

One time poster
Message 181 of 222
Message 181 of 222

Re: Loosing W-fi and bluetooth

I'm having exactly the same problems with my Sony XA1. I've got it only for 3 months and it's quite annoying!

One time poster
Message 182 of 222
Message 182 of 222

Same here. Both Wifi and Bluetooth say they are on and connected, but in reality connection is lost to both. I can see this very clearly throughout the day as it will lose connection to my Sony smartwatch. Possible solutions are either a restart or turning flightmode on and then off again. Turning wifi and/or bluetooth off will not resolve this. I need to "reset" this at least twice, but up to 5 times a day. My dad has the same phone and has experienced similar issues.  annoying. Sony, what is the problem here, a bad connectivity chip or software?

Highlighted
Learner
Message 183 of 222
Message 183 of 222

2 weeks on, I am still no further with this case and the connectivity problems persist. Numerous conversations with possibly every single department Sony Xperia have! Sales team, Technical team, then to the complaints Manager, all of them again plus various online chat conversations; none of which want to take responsibility. One team advises me to contact another, then vice versa, Sony customer service is well below par. Promised return phone calls haven’t happened, the same with email responses, therefore I have had to chase each time (explaining the situation over and over again is tiresome, as is spending 5 minutes alone at the start of each conversation for the agent to take the log numbers linked to my case).

Sony have confirmed this is a software problem, which we are all aware of (especially as no fault was found, when they tested the device I sent to them). However, trying to obtain a refund is proving a hard task, the fact I purchased direct from the Sony Estore I thought would make situations like these a little smoother, how wrong I was.

The device is not fit for purpose, it doesn’t operate as it should, therefore I cannot understand how this issue lies with the customer. Time for another phone call.

Adept
Message 184 of 222
Message 184 of 222

Ditto. I have written about the same experience somewhere else on this thread (and was banned for my troubles) The phone was sent for repair twice, and the issues have returned now for a third time. Plus the edges of the screen don't respond to touch.

Visitor
Message 185 of 222
Message 185 of 222

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Our two do exactly the same thing. Sony suuport chat were rubbish and cannot solve the issue, There are loads of similar comments on Google forums. Cannot belive Sony released a phone that does not connect to servers. Its the same for our home and work servers.

Adviser
Message 186 of 222
Message 186 of 222

Hi do you live in the UK? As we are just being fobbed off at the moment 

Apprentice
Message 187 of 222
Message 187 of 222

Same problem here.  Sony chat support first suggested software repair using PC app.  This is pain as you lose all settings but I did it - no improvement.  Second call could only suggest sending handset to repair centre but do not intend to do this.  At moment, using Wifi only or Bluetooth only (ie not both at same time) seems to work for me.

One time poster
Message 188 of 222
Message 188 of 222

I have the same problem, and yes it is on all WiFi networks. The signal drops when connected and it's a struggle to connect to most WiFi networks  having to repeatedly select connect before it finally connects 

Adept
Message 189 of 222
Message 189 of 222

Class action anyone?

Regular
Message 190 of 222
Message 190 of 222

ughhh... well nice to see since my "me too" post months ago that nothing has changed. Worried Face

Anyone else receive a message from tech support on the forum? a slight positive sign that they might be working on it.

I know there was the suggestion that switching your router to 5GHz might solve the issue... After buying a new router I can confrim for me, this did nothing, the bluetooth blocked the wifi signal in seconds. 

hmmmm @maweil1 class action.. well theres a thought...