account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

One time poster
Message 161 of 223
Message 161 of 223

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

I purchased my phone in January this year (2018). Since starting to use it I have suffered the same problems with wifi drop out. And, yes mine is the same it does not matter were you are in the house or outside, same problems. It does it in the car. My wife and son get in the car and their phones are linked up to the hands free facility within a second of the ignition being switched on. I have to sit and try and get to connect every single time I am in the car without fail, I have stopped trying this now because it's so frustrating. This is now getting to be a joke. I bought this phone after reading the reviews, and for the camera. I am now begining to wonder who wrote the reviews in the first place. This is obviously a major problem that needs sorting out quickly. I will be speaking to "consumer services" today to get some advice on how to proceed with this matter. I hope every body else with the same problem has been sorted out or gets sorted out soon. Very poor from a Sony product.

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 162 of 223
Message 162 of 223

I am also getting simlar issues. Seems to be a common connectivity problem with WiFi and Bluetooth.

I know there's no fault my side as other devices work without issue. This is very frustrating. Face with Steam from Nose

Rookie
Message 163 of 223
Message 163 of 223

This thread has has 161 Replies  and 8349 Views - there's obviously and issue somewhere.

When will Sony provide any sort of update to its customers?1

Regular
Message 164 of 223
Message 164 of 223

I have just been on the Sony mobile Facebook group and questioned why Sony no longer respond to this problem on this forum. Guess what the response from Sony was??????  They marked my post as spam!!! This surely is proof that Sony know about this problem but are refusing to acknowledge it. Everyone on this forum should do the same and post a complaint on their Sony Mobile Facebook page. The more people that know about it the more that might think twice about buying a Sony product in future. I run a Facebook page with over 50,000 members and I'm gonna put a post on the group warning all my members about Sony's response to this problem and will ask them to share it. Will it force Sony to act?, I doubt it, but it might stop someone else having to put up with this awful customer service from Sony.

Regular
Message 165 of 223
Message 165 of 223

Sony won't provide any updates. They have wiped their hands of this problem.

Adviser
Message 166 of 223
Message 166 of 223

It's a shame. At least Sony can put some warnig, like "we know the problem and we're working on it", but no words. And maybe do a complete recall of all devices affected.

Regular
Message 167 of 223
Message 167 of 223

This problem was first highlighted on this forum well over 8 months ago. Initially Sony did respond to a few complaints but they no longer respond. If they were going to try to fix it he issue then it would have been done by now. It seems to me that they realise it's a problem they can't fix without a complete recall, this would cost them a significant amount of money so I think they are hoping the complaints will just go away. Personally I will never buy a Sony product again.

One time poster
Message 168 of 223
Message 168 of 223

Hi folks. I fix the poor Wi-Fi sign of my xa1 plus just changing the bandwith of my router from 20mhz to 40mhz.

Maybe works with yours. 

Cheers  😉 

Inhabitant
Message 169 of 223
Message 169 of 223

My XA1 got updated to Android 8.0 last night and so far, so good - no BT/wifi issues. Anyone else?

Adviser
Message 170 of 223
Message 170 of 223

Last night my phone wouldn't unlock and jammed completely not recognising the unlock pattern.

The only option was a factory reset to get it to work. I have lost all my photos and am devastated I didn't have them  backuped in the cloud or where ever they go. 

Still having WiFi issues and will only work if blue tooth turned off. 

I hate this phone with a passion and it nearly got thrown out of the window when I realised all my photos were gone. 

I will never buy another Sony phone again. They don't care about their customers and have no intention of fixing any of these issues or responding to any posts. They will just bring out a new phone and make more money!

Can you tell I am upset and angry!!!