account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Apprentice
Message 141 of 223
Message 141 of 223

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Got a prompt to install a new XA1 software version this morning - so have downloaded and installed it. Will have to see if this provides the fix; fingers crossed! Would have taken a note of the new version number and posted it here but my wife took the phone with her literally as soon as it finished installing! Good to see an update though, thank you Sony. Will report what our experience is like once we’ve tested it for a few days.

One time poster
Message 142 of 223
Message 142 of 223

Seems like my wifes new phone has this same issue.  Connects to wifi for a while but then shows connected but can't surf the internet or download pics from whats app.  Restart the phone and it is fine.  Turned off wifi and then turned on and it won't connect at all to WIFI.

Do I return the phone or is Sony coming up with a fix?

Apprentice
Message 143 of 223
Message 143 of 223

I also upgraded to latest patch which results in ....

Model number

G3121

Android version

Android security patch level

5 January 2018

Build number

40.0.A.6.189

This seems to have improved things I am switching between two bluetooth device (headphones and car) plus connecting to two different WiFi networks (work and home) no dropped connectivity or the horrid no internet warnings yet. Will continue to test.

Message 144 of 223
Message 144 of 223

We have two xa1 s. The borg have the newest updates. Still wifi is dropping every 5 minm 😥

Learner
Message 145 of 223
Message 145 of 223

wrote:

I've had this phone for three months with exactly the same recurrent problem. Strangely, it seems to occur most often early evening! Has anyone else noticed that?

I've returned the phone for service three times (each time I suspect only a factory restore was carried out).

I then had a replacement phone (another XA1).

It has the same problem.

Does anyone have any confidence that there'll be an imminent update which could possibly resolve the issue?

Had enough. Took my XA1 to my local Vodafone shop and practically refused to budge until I got an alternative phone.

The manager was very helpful and understanding (he actually read this thread), and after a long phone call to his boss I left with an XZ1 compact for £3 more a month on my contract and I'm very happy after 4 trouble free days.

I'll still follow this thread with interest, and I hope Sony sort the issue very soon.

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 146 of 223
Message 146 of 223

How can Sony still sell the Experia XA1 when they know full well that the phpho does not work if you need WiFi and Bluetooth on atathe same time!!!! It is beyond belief. 

Inhabitant
Message 147 of 223
Message 147 of 223

Hey all im having issues with the wifi.. It's a contract phone and wow.. Just 3 days of use, one software repair and imI already gettget such a problem?? A legit fan of Sony for 12+ years and tgis is my first time encountering such wifi problems.. HELP should i put in for repair at Sony service or wait for 8.0 oreo? Is this a hardware or software problem? 

Learner
Message 148 of 223
Message 148 of 223

I am having the same issue, it was the same in safe mode and we recently changed provider to fibre optic super speed wifi and in most cases I get timed out, cant make wifi calls and I am sitting next to the router.  I have had a Sony for over 15 years and persuaded my husband to move from the iphone to Sony and he has a different ZX compact snd not the same issues.  I thought mine might be a bit slower offsetting functionality for the camera but this is not acceptable.  The phone does not do the bare minimum of a basic smartphone.  I am eating all my data... 6.52GB one month.  I return to 2GB soon and dont think I will manage.  

One time poster
Message 149 of 223
Message 149 of 223

Sony, you’ve lost another customer due to your silence on this issue.

Has been happening since purchase in July. Thankfully with the knowledge on this forum, my g/f worked around it by disabling Bluetooth. 

However, she wants to start using her Fitbit again. Took it instore to Vodafone who admitted other people had reported the same issue. They sent it for repair.

Went back in tonight to pick up the ‘repaired’ phone and was able to replicate the issue within five minutes. It’s also trashed the Fitbit by dropping WiFi in the middle of a firmware update.

The Voda staff member spoke to her manager and we’ve swapped out for a Huawei P Mate. There was the option of another Sony; not a chance I was having that.

They mentioned they’d had a couple more XA1s in for the same issue since last week, and they’ve raised it up to the area rep.

One time poster
Message 150 of 223
Message 150 of 223

I have been struggling with the same problem ever since I bought the phone in December. I have contacted Sony support 3 times and have carried out a complete reset which helped for a bit  Now I have the same problem again and I am very fed up . I have to book a repair online which means being without the phone for up to 10 days.