account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Adviser
Message 51 of 222
Message 51 of 222

Re: Wifi Signal dropping on XA1

Maybe if they actually bothered to read any of this thread they would realise this isn't an issue with just your phone but everyone who owns this rubbish phone. Sadly I bought it outright and not on contract so I am stuck with it until I need a new one. Won't be buying Sony next time. 

Apprentice
Message 52 of 222
Message 52 of 222

Cela fait une semaine environ que le problème se produit. J'ai mon téléphone depuis août et je n'avais jamais eu ce problème avant.

Pour retrouver le WiFi, je dois éteindre et rallumer mon téléphone. 

Je vais essayer de couper le Bluetooth pour voir si ça rétablit le WiFi en attendant. 

Le problème ne viendrait il pas d'une mise à jour système ? 

It has been about a week since the problem occurred. I have my phone since August and I had never had this problem before.
To find the WiFi, I have to turn off and turn on my phone.
I will try to turn off the Bluetooth to see if it restores WiFi in the meantime.
The problem would not come from a system update?

GT

Rookie
Message 53 of 222
Message 53 of 222

This is ridiculous! I have the exact same issue as does my poor mother who liked the pictures I was taking on my phone so she decided to get the same model and she has the same WiFi problems. 

I thought it was my router causing the problem. Virgin Media have since upgraded the router (to their SuperHub 3) but I still have the same problem, maybe less frequent than before but I'm still having to restart my phone to re-connect to WiFi.

I've tried all the troubleshooting and tricks and nothing has proven to last very long. This is an obvious and very frustrating issue that it looks like Sony is choosing to ignore. 

I actually swore I would never get another Sony due to the problems I had with my Z5 Compact, but they tempted me with the XA1. More fool me! Sony you are a letdown! 

Message 54 of 222
Message 54 of 222

I'm also having the same problem and my GF trusted me on the choice of this phone, using wi-fi the interenet just freezes and I have to either reset the phone or if I'm lucky switching wi-fi on and off helps, I know one hundred percent it's not my router, I have BT home hub 5 and 4, it does it on both on all bands, 2.4ghz and 5ghz, the problem I have is becuase this issue is intermitant if I send the phone in I know sony is going to say that there is no fault becuase they are not going to sit there surfing the web on it all day to test it!, my GF is gutted, and once again Sony just ignore the problem, I remember in the 90's when Sony was a very well respected brand but every year the company just goes from bad to worse.

Learner
Message 55 of 222
Message 55 of 222

Just been into Vodafone store. Did diagnostic check and told me phone was fine... Surprise surprise.. I didn't take that answer so they said they'd send off for engineer to look. I know exactly what's going to happen they'll factory reset send it back saying it's fine and it'll happen again so I'm delaying that for now. 

I'm going to ring Vodafone tonight and give them . I want it exchanged for a similar priced phone. 

Apprentice
Message 56 of 222
Message 56 of 222

J'ai fait le test de couper le bluetooth pendant quelques jours et mon wifi a fonctionné parfaitement, je n'ai pas eu besoin de redémarrer mon téléphone.

Cette solution n'est pas acceptable, j'ai besoin du bluetooth lorsque je suis en voiture.

Sony doit faire quelque chose, au prix des téléphones, il n'est pas concevable de ne pas pouvoir utiliser son téléphone avec tous ses paramètres.

I did the test to turn off the bluetooth for a few days and my wifi worked perfectly, I did not need to restart my phone.
This solution is not acceptable, I need bluetooth when I'm driving.
Sony must do something at the price of phones, it is not conceivable to not be able to use his phone with all its parameters

GT

Learner
Message 57 of 222
Message 57 of 222

You do not have to restart your phone ... just turn on and off the airplane mode

Pawel from Poland
Learner
Message 58 of 222
Message 58 of 222

TURNING ON AND OFF THE AIRPLANE MODE WORKS!! YAAAAAY. shouldn't have to do it but it works 

Highlighted
Rookie
Message 59 of 222
Message 59 of 222

I too am having this problem. If the Oreo update doesn't fix it I'm going to talk to a lawyer. They should be recalling this device if they can't fix via software.

Visitor
Message 60 of 222
Message 60 of 222

Im having to switch aeroplane mode on and off every hour or so and missing e-mails from customers because of this issue. It's about time Sony put out a fix for this. I've also complained to their social media accounts as well as emailing sony customer services. 

It can't be that hard for them to go through the latest update to figure out why this is happening.