account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

WiFi button and shut down faults

Adviser
Message 41 of 44
Message 41 of 44

Re: WiFi button and shut down faults

Did everything you said but I get a message saying uninstall Google play services updates unsuccessful. 

Regular
Message 42 of 44
Message 42 of 44

I'm sorry, I wouldn't know why it doesn't let you delete the updates. I guess I would try again after reboot... I also removed all data and cache from the app storage. My phone is still working normally (almost 24 hours now after uninstalling Google Play Services updates)

Apprentice
Message 43 of 44
Message 43 of 44

So,

I joined to beta tests of Google Play Services. I've got version 12.6.88 in my Xperia XA1. Issue is still observed.

I see 3 workarounds:

- turn off WiFi on you own, do not wait for phone to do it automatically

- switch configuration to keep WiFi turned on Always

- switch access off to system management by this app

Why nobody from Sony doesn't write any word? Do they ignore such significant issue?

Learner
Message 44 of 44
Message 44 of 44

A few days ago I got new system update 48.1.A.2.21 (still Oreo 8.0.0) and it looks that problem with WIFI in sleeping mode is fixed. I haven't noticed any troubles with WIFI connection, battery draining and with shutting down anymore, great!