account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

WiFi button and shut down faults

Adviser
Message 31 of 44
Message 31 of 44

Re: WiFi button and shut down faults

Did a software repair using xperia companion last night. Thought it had solved the problem but this morning it had returned.

Message 32 of 44
Message 32 of 44

What on earth is going on?

Regards,
Daniel
Message 33 of 44
Message 33 of 44

Sorted... I think...

It could be related to the Facebook app!!!

On your Android phone, goto:

• Settings > Apps&notifications >App info
  • Remove/disable: Facebook App Manager and Facebook App Installer

Reboot phone

Regards,
Daniel
Rookie
Message 34 of 44
Message 34 of 44

My Facebook app is disabled long time ago so thats not the source of the issue.

Adviser
Message 35 of 44
Message 35 of 44

Disabled them, but it still doesn't work, seemed to let me restart the phone without forcing it once and then went back to the faults, could it be to do with the oreo upgrade? 

Message 36 of 44
Message 36 of 44

Unfortunately I have the problem too. So it's not Facebook. Darn it!!!

I agree with you, in that maybe it's dodgy firmware. Let's hope Sony fix this chop chop :/

Regards,
Daniel
Rookie
Message 37 of 44
Message 37 of 44

Try to uninstall Google Play and/or Google Services.
It's not possible to fully uninstall the app but just the updates.

OR you can sing-on for beta version:
av...@google.com added comment #342:
We are pleased to report that a beta version of Google Play Services is ready.  We believe this version mitigates the issue on Huawei devices running Android 7.0 Nougat, or higher.  An important caveat is that each time the device is rebooted, you will need to wait about one minute before launching the affected applications.

Starting today at midnight (Pacific Time), the beta will be rolled-out to a segment of the community that has signed-up for the Google Play Services Public Beta Program.  It will ramp to increasing segments of the beta audience over the next few days.  We invite you to join the beta program at https://developers.google.com/android/guides/beta-program to obtain an early release of this and future versions of Google Play Services.  Once beta testing is complete it will be rolled out in stages to all users.

Adviser
Message 38 of 44
Message 38 of 44

I did this but it hasn't solved the problem. 

@Luck3 wrote:

Try to uninstall Google Play and/or Google Services.
It's not possible to fully uninstall the app but just the updates.

OR you can sing-on for beta version:
av...@google.com added comment #342:
We are pleased to report that a beta version of Google Play Services is ready.  We believe this version mitigates the issue on Huawei devices running Android 7.0 Nougat, or higher.  An important caveat is that each time the device is rebooted, you will need to wait about one minute before launching the affected applications.

Starting today at midnight (Pacific Time), the beta will be rolled-out to a segment of the community that has signed-up for the Google Play Services Public Beta Program.  It will ramp to increasing segments of the beta audience over the next few days.  We invite you to join the beta program at https://developers.google.com/android/guides/beta-program to obtain an early release of this and future versions of Google Play Services.  Once beta testing is complete it will be rolled out in stages to all users.

Learner
Message 39 of 44
Message 39 of 44

I updated play services to version 12.6.85, but it didn't help me. What helped me is to set WIFI in sleep mode to Always in extended WIFI setiings!

Something is wrong when WIFI is switched to sleep mode...

Regular
Message 40 of 44
Message 40 of 44

I installed the beta version referred to above, but it didn't change anything. What I did instead was to uninstall all updates of Google Play Services app so I'm left with the pre-installed factory version, and the phone seems to be working normally now (battery drain only about 10% since last night and wifi comes on as it should). Settings->Apps&notifications->App info ->Google Play Services->Uninstall updates (three dots in the top right hand corner)