account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

WiFi button and shut down faults

Regular
Message 21 of 44
Message 21 of 44

Re: WiFi button and shut down faults

Hi NunoSEN2,

thanks, I tried keeping the safe mode on for a while longer now, and it's the same thing. At first wifi works, and after a bit in sleep mode it switches off again, impossible to turn back on, and the Settings menus freeze. I don't think it's could be a third party app problem in this case. The Settings menus is one of the things that changed with the system update, so mayhaps there are some errors there.

Message 22 of 44
Message 22 of 44

So does your phone have a fault? 

Regards,
Daniel
Adviser
Message 23 of 44
Message 23 of 44

Mine is exactly the same, battery drained really quickly last week and then the WiFi and freezing problems. Has anyone contacted Sony to see if there is a remedy?

Message 24 of 44
Message 24 of 44

I spoke to them today. They stated I needed to repair my phone via the Xperia Companion app first. If that does not fix the problem, then I need to send the phone back to Sony for repair Slightly frowning Face

Regards,
Daniel
Rookie
Message 25 of 44
Message 25 of 44

Exactly the same issues since 9th May.

Battery stay 3 times shorter, WiFi not possible to turn on, not possible to reboot, only force shut down solve the problem for a few hours.

I've noticed that some apps hang, no details in battery consumption.

Aditionally I have difficulty to open the top menu settings (slight down the upper part of the screen).

Adviser
Message 26 of 44
Message 26 of 44

I decided to back up my files on Sony xperia companion on laptop. Then did software repair off companion app, followed instructions which reinstalled my apps, bit of a FAFF but it seems to have solved the problem.

Learner
Message 27 of 44
Message 27 of 44

I haven't yet repaired mobile with Sony companion, but I think it doesn't help.

I checked what happened around May 10 and I see that Google Play Services package was updated to version 12.6.73 and I think it can be a source of problem. I checked google issue tracker and I found newly created issues with similar problem also on different hardware - Huawei, Honor.

One time poster
Message 28 of 44
Message 28 of 44

Please star this issue related to Google Play Service: https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/79665217

This issue has caused a dozen of phone models wifi issues, battery drains and phone stucks. Hopefully, Google will fix it soon!

Visitor
Message 29 of 44
Message 29 of 44

I recently updated my Xperia XZ to build: 47.3.A.2.107 and since then I've been having the same issue with my wifi. It is really difficult to make it stay in the "on" position. I can try 25-30 times before it goes online - sometimes.

Also, the phone has started to get really hot and the battery is draining up to 80% in half a day without me even using it. 

Is there anyone who knows if this is due the above mentioned update?

Br

ChrisBDK74

Regular
Message 30 of 44
Message 30 of 44

I does sound like the same problem.