account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

WiFi button and shut down faults

Adviser
Message 1 of 44
Message 1 of 44

WiFi button and shut down faults

All f a sudden my phone has two issues. My WiFi will not switch on after standby and when I try turning the WiFi button on it just reverts to off. Also the phone gets stuck when shutting down showing a constant power off shutting down box.

43 REPLIES 43
Pioneer
Message 2 of 44
Message 2 of 44

Re: WiFi button and shut down faults

Hi @swazer;

Try the forced restart/shutdown:

To force the device to restart or shut down

1. Press and hold down the power key and the volume up key at the same time for 6 seconds.
  2. Your device vibrates once. Depending on whether you wish to force the device to restart or shut down, proceed as follows.
    • If you wish to force restart the device: Release the keys at this point. The device restarts.

• If you wish to force shut down the device: Continue pressing the keys. After a few more seconds, the device vibrates three times and turns off.
Adviser
Message 3 of 44
Message 3 of 44

Thanks, still have the WiFi problem though

Pioneer
Message 4 of 44
Message 4 of 44

@swazer;

Restarting the device didn't solve the WiFi problem?

Try restart into Safe Mode and check the WiFi, just to discard any third party app influence.

Adviser
Message 5 of 44
Message 5 of 44

How do you check with third party app influence?

Pioneer
Message 6 of 44
Message 6 of 44

@swazer;

Restart the phone in Safe Mode and while in Safe Mode see if the Wifi problem is solved, if yes it's because a third party app is causing the issue as in Safe Mode the phone is working only with the preinstalled apps.

Restart the phone normally again and unninstall any app you may think is causing the problem until it disappears, start with any apps you installed just before the problem appeared.

Highlighted
Message 7 of 44
Message 7 of 44

Hi,

I too have this problem (XZ Premium). I think its a 3rd party app. Would be very interseted to know if you found the app which causes the problem Slightly smiling Face

Regards,
Daniel
Adviser
Message 8 of 44
Message 8 of 44

Not found out which app it is but got WiFi back on after restarting and then set WiFi on permanently in settings and as solved the problem.

Message 9 of 44
Message 9 of 44

Just wondering.... did/do you have Cortana runing on your phone? Wondering if that's the culprit?

Regards,
Daniel
Adviser
Message 10 of 44
Message 10 of 44

No, have not been running Cortana!