account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Weak Band 5 LTE Signal

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Weak Band 5 LTE Signal

Hi there Im Umada, Ive had an XA1 for almost a year now, The phone itself is a beauty to hold and has all the features I need and find in a phone, however except one, In Malaysia I use Webe Postpaid and they utilize the Band 5 LTE, I realized that my XA1 really struggles to get a decent signal whenever indoors or on the move, which is funny because I also have a Xiaomi Mi4 but that "cheaper" phone has full bar signal of Band 5 LTE at all times, what is going on here? How do I solve this? I have tried everything from Resetting my XA1 to even trying sending it for Warranty, nothing has worked out,  hence aside from the good looks of the phone and price, I am utterly disappointed with this problem, because in this case, I literally have troubles going on the internet when im on the move when using this mobile phone.. what irony. 

2 REPLIES 2
Emperor
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Weak Band 5 LTE Signal

@UmadaTora

have you checked the network coverage in the area?

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Weak Band 5 LTE Signal

Yes I have, I bring both the Xiaomi and XA1 around, Even in a relatively good coverage area the XA1 fails to perform, The Xiaomi however works fine where the XA1 failed.