account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stuck on Sony logo after update

One time poster
Message 1 of 2
Message 1 of 2

Stuck on Sony logo after update

I did the most recent update for my Sony Xperia XA1. It completed then restarted itself. It was then on the 'Sony' white screen for a while, at this point, I still thought this was part of the update. This then remained for the next 2 hours, which didn't seem right. I've tried holding the power and the volume up key, waiting for 3 vibrations. It turns off, then I can power up again, but straight back to the Sony white screen. I've downloaded Sony Companion but the device won't register. I've took the SIM card out and tried restarting and back to the Sony white screen. 

Any tips or advice would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks!

1 REPLY
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 2
Message 2 of 2

Re: Stuck on Sony logo after update

Hi @rgoose91,

Welcome to the community,

I am really sorry to hear about this sad Let's see if I can help resolve this.

In this case, it sounds as though the update has not installed correctly, based on this fact I would suggest running through a software repair using Xperia Companion.

You do not have to worry that it does not acknowledge the device being connected, as the device will be connected in a specific way.

Please used the link below to find instructions on how this is done.

software repair using Xperia Companion

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.