account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Sound and music issue after update Xa1

Apprentice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Sound and music issue after update Xa1

Hi everybody 

I have updated my phone software a week ago and after that the speakers are not working properly 

Just making noise not sound like a metal bars sound on the ground

Please any help or advice.! 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Sound and music issue after update

@Abo_majd

Start troubleshooting by restarting your phone into safe mode, this will disable all installed 3rd party apps. If the problem is resolved then one of your installed apps is causing this issue and you have to figure out which one. Start by uninstalling those apps you installed recently.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

When I restart my phone the sound works fine for almost ten hours then it goes back 

Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

@Abo_majd

Are you talking about normal restart or the safe mode?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Apprentice
Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

Normal restart

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

As @Quester suggested, did you try Safe Mode, @Abo_majd?

Run your smartphone in Safe Mode for a day or so to see if you have the same problem... This help us to identify what might be the cause, and then make appropriate recommendations on how to address the issue.

Post back here once you have done this.

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
One time poster
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

Translation via Google Translate:

In safe mode, the device works without interruption. No problem.

В безопасном режиме устройство работает без сбоев. Проблем нет. 

Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

@Tatka82

I used Google Translate to find the meaning of your message. Kindly post your future questions/feedbacks in English so we can assist you, this is an English based forum.

This means that one of your 3rd party apps was the cause of the issue. So you have 2 options:

1. You have to figure out which app is causing it so you have to uninstall your apps one by one till you resolve the issue. Start by uninstalling those apps you installed recently.

2. Perform a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup using Xperia Companion, but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Follow the steps given in blue links, and keep us updated.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

I used my phone in safe mode for 24 hours and it worked well

Now I uninstalled 4 unnecessary apps and left the known apps and I am waiting to see what happens 

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@Abo_majd

Great, keep up updated. And in case the issue is resolved, please list the names of the apps you uninstalled to help others identify their own problems.