account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Sony still refusing to acknowledge the WiFi dropping problem on the XA1

Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

Sony still refusing to acknowledge the WiFi dropping problem on the XA1

Over 8 months since the WiFi problem on the XA1 was first mentioned on this forum and hundreds of people have mentioned they have a similar problem, so why are Sony refusing to do anything about it? Awful awful customer service!!!

5 REPLIES 5
One time poster
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: Sony still refusing to acknowledge the WiFi dropping problem on the XA1

I have same issue, it is amazing how it can be a trouble in a smartphone, Gentlement we are in 2018!!!, until today I

@Bluenose01wrote:

Over 8 months since the WiFi problem on the XA1 was first mentioned on this forum and hundreds of people have mentioned they have a similar problem, so why are Sony refusing to do anything about it? Awful awful customer service!!!

was a big fan of Sony.

One time poster
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

How can I find out more about this as I am getting really feed up with my WiFi constantly not working and been really bad this week. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi, 

Might be that your router messes up sometimes. I have 2 XA1 and none is doing this... I mean they are really stable and have no issues so far. 

If you live in n area with many connections, try setting it up again and change your routers channel, it should fix it. 

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

I've recently turned off the Bluetooth and wifi location permissions and the issue hasn't popped back up since then.  Not sure how that affects it, but it's Just an idea... 

Adept
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Having bluetooth and wifi at the same time turned on, may have an impact indeed. I just remembered that on my L1 the wifi used to drop while I was using a bluetooth speaker and youtube at the same time... 

Hope will get fixed for you, mine seems fine so far.