account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sony photo album widget

Rookie
Message 11 of 42
Message 11 of 42

Re: Sony photo album widget

I'm also pretty disappointed that this widget was gone it was so nice on my Z3 and my z5 I thought surely it would be in the xz premium. 

GB6
One time poster
Message 12 of 42
Message 12 of 42

I also miss the album widget on my new XZs. And strange enough I got the camera widget, which would show up after a day or two after installing the apk, after I got it from third party. Then it was suddenly there and it works like on my old Sony. But not the same with the Album (or Foto and Video, as it was called later), after installing the apk, it doesn't show, even after restarts and waiting a day or two.

Sony does itself a bad job this way!!

Learner
Message 13 of 42
Message 13 of 42

Wow, what a disappointment! I just switched to an XA1 - it's the third Sony phone I've had, because I find the software and hardware great. I loved the album widget for quickly finding and sharing photos and to find out it has been scrapped is a real bummer. Let's hope there's a good alternative somewhere... Any suggestions welcome! 

Message 14 of 42
Message 14 of 42

@jeremy-o

Check this reply:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XA1/Sony-photo-album-widget/m-p/1222861#M113

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 15 of 42
Message 15 of 42

@Quester: as the initial poster suggested, this is a slideshow, and doesn't have the same kind of simple carousel function of the Photos and Videos widget. It seems bizarre, but I can't find anything else to do the job, and old widget .apks don't work either.

Such a shame - finding recent shots used to be so easy! 

Learner
Message 16 of 42
Message 16 of 42

Honestly what happened to giving the end user a choice. I used it everyday so please bring it back for us! 

One time poster
Message 17 of 42
Message 17 of 42

Same for me. I'm very disapointed that it has been removed.

I think however that it would be very nice for Sony to publish the source of those abandonned widgets in GitHub or another source repository, so other developers could rebuild them.

One time poster
Message 18 of 42
Message 18 of 42

I've changed now from Z3 compact to XZ1 and I'm extremly angry about Sonys customers paternalism, as I realized this problem of missing the Sony photo album widget. At least they should have provided the widget for installation on demand!!!!!!!!!!!
One time poster
Message 19 of 42
Message 19 of 42

Idem passage du Z5 c au XZ1 c et disparition du widget photo et vidéo.

J'ai cherché longtemps une alternative mais rien. 

Sony pouvez-vous faire une mise à jour pour remettre ce widget très important. 

Merci

Same passage from Z5 c to XZ1 c and disappearance of the photo and video widget.
I have been looking for an alternative for a long time but nothing.
Sony can you do an update to put this widget very important.
Thank you

GT

One time poster
Message 20 of 42
Message 20 of 42

Seriously SONY, you remove features used daily and which make SONY phones special and keeps me buying SONY.. 

Disappointed