account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Screen smashed on my AX1, how can I recover photos ect?

One time poster
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Screen smashed on my AX1, how can I recover photos ect?

Help please! My screen is completly destroyed, not able to use the screen at all. I need to recover the data from my phone, especially photos ect. Does anyone know how I can do this without having to accept a data transfer request on the phones screen? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Screen smashed on my AX1, how can I recover photos ect?

Hi @bextune, sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly frowning Face

Are you able to see anything on the screen at all? For a computer to be able to access the data on the internal storage, you will need to put the device in a MTP mode. You can do so if you follow the guide on the link below (requires an OTG adapter and a wired mouse).

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/FAQ/How-to-perform-a-backup-transfer-data-when-the-touch-screen-isn/t...

Let me know if that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

so what youre saying is that if the screen goes black we've got no options but delete all the data? ive gotten some extremely valuable photos her on my XA1 and then a classmate destroyed my screen... wouldnt it be possible in any way to recover those photos?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Hi @Nikolaj1, sorry to hear about what has happened. Slightly frowning Face

If you can't see anything on the screen, it will be very hard to know exactly where to press to set the device in the MTP mode, so you can browse the content of the device using a computer (if the touch is still working).

If the photos are saved on an SD card, you can access the information on the SD card if you mount it in a different device, or use a SD card reader on a computer. You may also have activated the Google Photos backup in the Photo application, so take a look at the link below and see if you can view these photos there (log in with the same Google account as you have in your device).

photos.google.com

There may be other options to recover the data, but we do not offer such a service or have a program/app that you can use.

I hope that helps!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.