account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving many messages on whatsapp freezes system ui

Talent
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Receiving many messages on whatsapp freezes system ui

My habit is to sync with the whatsapp messages at the end of the day. When I start my mobile. data or WiFi, whatsapp starts downloading messages and the system ui hangs..! I have never had this problem with any of my other phones, including a couple from Sony (Xperia L and Xperia SP)... Hopefully Sony looks into this and opens this as a bug... 

6 REPLIES
Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Receiving many messages on whatsapp freezes system ui

Hi @Pradeepu,

I am sorry to hear about this issue, let's see if we can help resolve this.

The first thing I would suggest would be removing the Whatsapp application and then re-installing. This method should remove any issues that the app may be causing with the system UI.

Although I have noticed that you have been having some issues with other applications performing slowly, this could issue could possibly stem from this. You may be required to back up the handset and try performing a software update and if no update is available maybe run through a software repair.

backup using Xperia Companion

software repair using Xperia Companion

Let me know how you get on.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Talent
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Thanks a lot for the help... I have uninstalled and reinstalled whatsapp. Let me observe for a couple of days and let you know if that worked or not. 

Talent
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

WhatsApp still seems to freeze the system ui. I'm going to try the software repair tonight. I'm not very hopeful though...

Pioneer
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Have you reported this to WhatsApp, @Pradeepu?

Perhaps there's some optimization which still needs to be done on their end...

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
Talent
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Perhaps...but my intuition tells me otherwise smile happy. Been using many phones with the same whatsapp application and no other phone has this issue. One of the phones is Xperia c4! 

Talent
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

As I had guessed, the software repair did not help. Would be great if sony looks into this.