account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Emperor
Message 51 of 339
Message 51 of 339

Re: Problems with the touch

@blandon

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 52 of 339
Message 52 of 339

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Same issue is happening in my xa1, how to solve this. 

Visitor
Message 53 of 339
Message 53 of 339

my mobile screen properly not work .

my mobile screen properly not work .

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 339
Message 54 of 339

My friend had the exact same problem on the same letters "q" & "p" before it started spreading to other parts on the edge of the screen. The thing is though that my friend had this issue right out of the box, running Nougat. He sent it in to get it fixed. After a horrible experience of senting and receiving thrice, they changed the screen and the problem was resolved. Until now I believed that it was a hardware issue but now that I read your post it seems like it's software and i dont know what to make of it. 

Visitor
Message 55 of 339
Message 55 of 339

XA1 touch issue as usual

So i have  bought my XA1 and after some months i meet the disastrous touch issue and i have it repaired in the service center for free. After a few months the phone touch issues occured again and  again i have it repaired but now they said their is a physical damage with the device and i need to pay 5500 PhP for the repair of the device that has the same issue. They daid their is a broken glass somewhere inside my phone. Same  problem. My phone is stuck in service center becuase i dont have the money sofar to pay to fix the same issue. My phone is in SC for atleast 3-4 months. I cant even get it because  i have to pay 550 pesos to get the phone without repair. It ourageous to pay for something that is not physically harmed. Its obvious that the phone has its problem yet we the users who trusted the brand eill have to suffer for sometjmhing that is naturally occuring. I am stuck now with a borrowed phone.

One time poster
Message 56 of 339
Message 56 of 339

Xperia xa1 touch screen

Translation via Google Translate:

My device does not allow me to scroll the status bar.

Mi dispositivo no me permite deslizar la barra de estado. 

Learner
Message 57 of 339
Message 57 of 339

Re: Xperia xa1 touch screen

My Phone doesnt work properly anymore. Since a couple of days i cant pull down the notification bar. I have tried to restart, start in safe mode and even to put everything back to factory settings, nothing works, Who can help me? 

Mijn telefoon werkt sinds een aantal dagen ook niet meer naar behoren. De statusbalk kan ik niet meer naar beneden halen. Al verschillende dingen geprobeerd; opnieuw opstarten, in veilige modus testen, zelfs gereset naar fabrieksinstellingen. Niets helpt. Wie weet er een oplossing?

Adviser
Message 58 of 339
Message 58 of 339

Unfortunately, I think that there is no way for users to identify the cause.

The problem that the edge of the screen can not touch,Initially it was able to be used without problems,After updating, it seems that trouble is occurring.

I personally think that it is a firmware bug.

I think that it is the only improvement measure only that SONY carries out correction.

Only about publishing screenshots showing([Settings> Support> Tests]  AND [*#*#7378423#*#* > Service tests > Touch > Free Drawing test]) the problem,I think that there is no other thing that can be done.

Adviser
Message 59 of 339
Message 59 of 339

I agree that there is not much we as a user can do - the problem only exists since the update to Oreo, no issues under 7.X. Calles Sony Support multiple times and everytime the agent claimed that Sony is NOT aware of the problem. Always referred to the various discussions in WWW - Sony support promised to share the information for follow-up but no visible feedback or results. Finally did another recovery as suggested by support again over the weekend with NO/ZERO effect. It is really annoying that nobody seems to care and or provide any resolution - if there is no improvement over the past couple weeks I seriously consider replacing the device - unfortunately I have to!

Adviser
Message 60 of 339
Message 60 of 339

I do not think Sony's support is recognized because I think that information has not been communicated to support personnel.

If it takes a long time to research and improvement of the problem, I want to downgrade.

At the moment, the most reliable solution is to change to something other than the XA1 series.

I'm sure that if you write old firmware using the FTF tool, I think that it will be in a usable state, but it will be the last resort and it will not be a very suitable method.

I think that if I can prepare another model and SONY abandoned support of the XA1 series, I would like to try this means.