account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Learner
Message 41 of 372
Message 41 of 372

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Screenshot_20180606-195919.png

The edges don't work, in every app and also the himescreen, really annoying typing messages 

Adviser
Message 42 of 372
Message 42 of 372

I think that there are a lot of troubled people, such as input of software keyboard, because it can not touch the screen edge.
It should not be a fundamental solution, but for the time being, and suggests ways to overcome the fact that can not be input due to the fact that can not be touched.

Using the wm overscan command, you narrow the screen by the area that does not respond.

For example ...

adb shell wm overscan 10, 10, 10, 10

This will cause the display to narrow by 10 pixels from the entire screen.
The command

wm overscan LEFT, TOP, RIGHT, BOTTOM

To restore,

wm overscan reset

This will allow you to ignore the unavailable range.

afj
Apprentice
Message 43 of 372
Message 43 of 372

Slightly better with the latest system update: 48.1.A.2.21, june 4th

Wouldn't say the problem is completely gone though.

Visitor
Message 44 of 372
Message 44 of 372

i have the same isdues mentioned earlier and now see that i cant remove website links from homepage or new installed apps wont move to my homescreen.. is this sony trying to force us to upgrade to a new phone? 

Learner
Message 45 of 372
Message 45 of 372

Hey! So ive installed the new update, build 48.1.A..2.21, about an hour ago and so far it feels like it fixed the screen issues Oreo brought. The screen feels responsive again, i dont have to swipe the lock-screen 10 times to unlock, i can use SwiftKey again, everything feels more like it was with Nougat. These are just the first few moments after the new update so im not saying everything is perfect now, the issues might resurface or it may have brought new problems, time will tell. But so far my Xperia XA1 feels smooth to use again!

One time poster
Message 46 of 372
Message 46 of 372

Re: Touch issues

I have a white one that doesn't work. Sony doesn't discriminate Slightly smiling Face It just screws us all 

Adviser
Message 47 of 372
Message 47 of 372

Just ugraded to latest FW and even after multipe reboots and test with various different keyboards no success at all - i even had the implression that swiftkey is even worse than before - not good at all!! no good job SONY!

One time poster
Message 48 of 372
Message 48 of 372

Sony!! So frustrating!!! 

Visitor
Message 49 of 372
Message 49 of 372

Hello again. I returned the phone to a T-Mobile point for a warranty. They exchanged a mainboard, screen and they uploaded a new OS. The phone is now ok, I hope that now nothing wrong will happen. Slightly smiling Face

One time poster
Message 50 of 372
Message 50 of 372

Problems with the touch

Problems with the touch
I have problems with the screen touch the corners and the sides do not work

Problemas con el táctil

Tengo problemas con el táctil de la pantalla las esquinas y los lados no funcionan