account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

One time poster
Message 371 of 374
Message 371 of 374

Sony Experia XA1 - touch screen not working properly and the phone shut down abruptly

The far right side of the touch screen is not working, for example I am not able to press the "p" key on the keyboard.This happens even if I remove the rubber protection of the phone.In addition the phone abruptly shuts down even if the battery is charged.After the shut down, the only way to restart the phone is to plug in the recharge cable.I bought this phone only 8 months ago.

Emperor
Message 372 of 374
Message 372 of 374

Re: Sony Experia XA1 - touch screen not working properly and the phone shut down abruptly

@luckybit 

Could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 373 of 374
Message 373 of 374

Re: Touchscreen issues after oreo update FIXED!!!!!

How do you change the keyboard from SwiftKey to the Google keyboard? I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the fact that I can't use the edges of the screen! 

One time poster
Message 374 of 374
Message 374 of 374

The edges of the screen do not work

No puedo escribir ninguna letra que esté en los bordes de la pantalla. Y no me deja bajar la barra de herramientas y notificaciones 

I can't write any letters that are on the edges of the screen. And it doesn't let me down the toolbar and notifications - GT