account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

One time poster
Message 331 of 354
Message 331 of 354

Keyboard:Dificult to type caractères on the border of the Screen

Solution please ? 

vjw
One time poster
Message 332 of 354
Message 332 of 354

Re: Keyboard:Dificult to type caractères on the border of the Screen

Since last android update a week or so ago keyboard p q 1 and 0 are a nightmare interesting that it's working fine on here........ So is it an interface issue with programmes, I definitely notice it with Gmail and Google Internet searches, going to have to make a note now when it happens. 101pqqpq#####?????# hmm odd. I'm on SwiftKey. 

One time poster
Message 333 of 354
Message 333 of 354

Touch screen problem

I brought a sony xa1 mobile. It does not work at some point on its screen . Several times it was repaired but unsuccessful. My money was lost for bad product. I hate sony ☹️

One time poster
Message 334 of 354
Message 334 of 354

Re: Problem with the touch

I am pretty sure that you're joking.. 34 pages with people complaining about the same thing - toch screen issue after updating to Oreo and still no fix for this?! This is the second time i am very disappointed by Sony - fist time i was having issues with the latest model of Sony Bravia 3D TV (but that doesn't matter now). Now everyone having the same problem and you suggest cleaning the screen?!?! ? I am sure this is the last Sony phone i'll ever buy... very disappointing.

One time poster
Message 335 of 354
Message 335 of 354

Navigation bar hardly reacts

Hallo, 

seit ein paar Tagen reagiert die Navigationszeile bei meinem xperia xa1 mit den 3 Emblemen kaum noch. Man muss mehrmals drücken bzw. seitlich mit dem Finger an die Taste heranführen, sodass sie reagiert. Ich habe keine neue App installiert, habe das Gerät neu gestartet, jedoch tat sich keine Verbesserung. Der Bildschirm hat auch keinen Riss oder ähnliches. Eine Folie habe ich ebenfalls nicht drauf. Vielleicht kennt ja einer dieses Problem.

Vielen Dank im Voraus schonmal. 

Hello,

since a few days, the navigation bar in my xperia xa1 hardly reacts with the 3 emblems. You have to press it several times or bring it to the side with your finger so that it reacts. I have not installed a new app, I have restarted the device, but there was no improvement. The screen also has no crack or the like. I also do not have a foil on it. Maybe someone knows this problem.

Thank you in advance.

gt

One time poster
Message 336 of 354
Message 336 of 354

problem

بعظ اجزاء الشاشة لا تعمل 

Some parts of the screen do not work
gt

M-M
One time poster
Message 337 of 354
Message 337 of 354

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

I know that my 330+ post will change nothing so just sharing my opinion here.

I never liked sony but I couldn't imagine better phone for my needs than Ericsson in the past.

I have a great experience using those phones which were always of the excellent quality. I had more than 15  phones of that brand, most were bought from hands and only one of them (K500) had some issues so I was never thinking that absence of guarantee is critical for such high-quality devices..

When sony came I decided to continue with this brand. All of my 3 smartphones were bought brand new and Experia Ray and M were of good quality and were working for years. As I can see the farther in the past Ericsson is the poorer quality becomes.  My brand new XA1 was working without significant issues not more than 3 months, until the Oreo update was installed. At first I was thinking that it was a bug with applications that it was hard to use upper right corner of touchscreen, but gradually the unresponsive area covered almost all upper half of the screen. Then I went to the service center to get my phone repaired. In few days the phone was returned to me unrepaired because they found a rather deep scratch on the bottom end of the case (not screen!!!) which they classified as a crack. I called them few times trying to explain that it's the problem of thousands of phones and I didn't think that all of them were damaged moreover that "crack" was at the bottom and the screen wasn't working in the top. They told me that they were not aware of this issue and it was not recognized as a common. At that time this branch of forum had already 200+ posts and their moderator was advising to clean the screen but they WERE NOT AWARE.

I asked them at least open my phone and tell me if that "crack" was really related to touchscreen issue. In that case maybe I would have payed for the screen replacement if it was really a reason.  They told me that they were not performing such operations. I wander what is the experience of that Certified Service Center employers if they are not able to open their own product, which is repaired for two times more expensive price than in not certified Centers and examine for damages. 

They are hiding poor quality and absence of responsibility  under the well-known TM and I don't know what for I was paying about 20-30% more than for the similar phone of less known TM.

So guys, I think the only useful link for us here is how to recycle this piece of S...ony and not pollute the Earth: 

https://blogs.sonymobile.com/about-us/sustainability/recycling/why-recycle/

One time poster
Message 338 of 354
Message 338 of 354

Touchscreen

I have XA1 and my margins not respond,mostly from top of the screen.

One time poster
Message 339 of 354
Message 339 of 354

Re: Problem with the touch

you may degrade your mobile but it may dead your mobile so please don't do it.

One time poster
Message 340 of 354
Message 340 of 354

XA1 - touch screen problem

After the oreo update, I've been having problems with the touch screen. The lateral edges and the notifications bar don't work well. There are only a few spots near the edges where I can touch and get access to the upper bar and to the "a", "p" and "ñ" (I use my keyboard in Spanish). It worked perfectly well before the update, and the display tests show the irregular area that I don't have access to. I wouldn't like to change to another company because of this. Is there any solution to this problem?