account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Regular
Message 21 of 340
Message 21 of 340

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

I have same problem but keypad clear key not work... Is there any solution for no. Of problems in oreo update.. 

Visitor
Message 22 of 340
Message 22 of 340

Hello, after last Oreo update I have problems like you, with your phones. The edges don't repospond to my touching, or they do it after few seconds. Morover the phone is slower than it was on Android 7.0. I haven't had these problems on previous Android. 

One time poster
Message 23 of 340
Message 23 of 340

It also happens to me, what should I do? The edges of the screen do not work well, qapñ01 took minutes trying to write this answer. That I have to do?

One time poster
Message 24 of 340
Message 24 of 340

I have also a touchscreen issue :

When I do a test via the integrated test of Android : no issue detected, I can "wipe" the screen entirely

When I use a third party app, there is a band just below the notification zone that I can't access (but I have the sound when I tap inside). And this valid with all apps in general.

So the problem seems indeed located to the OS...

One time poster
Message 25 of 340
Message 25 of 340

do not work side buttons on the keyboard

do not work side buttons on the keyboard

GT

Rookie
Message 26 of 340
Message 26 of 340

Re: do not work side buttons on the keyboard

Same issues here. Cannot use right hand side of the screen, also when scrolling through website it's accessing links without request.

Jkv
One time poster
Message 27 of 340
Message 27 of 340

Notification bar not swiping down.

Can any one help me on this issue. 

My xperia xa1 does not swiping down the notification bar. 

One time poster
Message 28 of 340
Message 28 of 340

Re: Notification bar not swiping down.

Same issue on XA1 - after upgrating to 8.0, the edges of the screen almost do not respond at all, the screen unlock is very difficult and the overall speed of the device decreased significantly.

Thank you Sony ...

Apprentice
Message 29 of 340
Message 29 of 340

Re: Notification bar not swiping down.

Same here. Notifixcation bar seems stuck sometimes. Phone chugs on even simplest tasks. SONY please adress this problem.

Learner
Message 30 of 340
Message 30 of 340

Hey there. I've been having the exact same problem after the Oreo update. I own a Xperia XA1 and the lock-screen is just a mess sometimes, it takes several tries for me just to swipe to the pattern screen, and after that drawing the pattern itself can be a pain, it just feels so buggy sometimes. Its weird because sometimes the lock-screen works just fine, but others its a hurdle to unlock the phone. Also the Go Back key glitches out sometimes, either it acts as if it's being pressed repeatedly without me me even touching the screen, or it just wont work until i lock and unlock the phone again, i've only had problems with this key, the Home and Multitasking ones are fine. Furthermore the entire handset's performance just feels worse, for example the settings app feels laggier than it did before the update, as do some other apps.

I managed to alleviate the touchscreen's issues by uninstalling SwiftKey's updates (too bad you can't just deactivate it), which was shockingly bad to type with after the update and using another keyboard. This did not fix the issues, but the touchscreen works a little better now.

This is definitely not a hardware problem since all of this started to happen imediately after i installed the Oreo update last week. I restored the phone to factory settings and repaired the software through the PC Companion, those didn't solve any problems.

I'm no expert but i feel this is poor optimization, something Sony can fix easily through a software patch, and i really hope they do because my Xperia XA1's performance was fantastic with Nougat, pretty much everything was smooth and a joy to use, and i will be really disappointed if they dont because i love this phone, and i just bought it 4 months ago. Its painful to see it change from a phenomenal performance phone, especially for its price, which i recommended to everyone, to a glitchy laggy mess with just 1 Android update.