account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Apprentice
Message 11 of 363
Message 11 of 363

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Im using google keyboard instead of swift key for about 6 months now...

And like i said i have main problem with swiping sites, unlocking screen and entrering screen lock code

Adviser
Message 12 of 363
Message 12 of 363

I'm having the same problem!

It's EXACTLY the same issue as all the others described. The edges don't respon and the pattern lock takes multiple attempts.

Please provide a replacement phone or resolve this issue immediately. Phone is now virtually unusable.

Many thanks.

Adviser
Message 13 of 363
Message 13 of 363

Oh and I'm using Gboard for the last year... 

Adviser
Message 14 of 363
Message 14 of 363

Any update or fix for this issue???

Apprentice
Message 15 of 363
Message 15 of 363

Any luck finding the fix yet?

Visitor
Message 16 of 363
Message 16 of 363

Just to register the fact that I also have this issue. It is clearly an Oreo issue. Sony pay attention. But I  have swapped to the Cheetah keyboard and find it a bit  better. But it is a better keyboard than Swiftkey anyway .

Pioneer
Message 17 of 363
Message 17 of 363

I don’t agree. It’s probably an interaction between software and hardware, since many people has this problem after Oreo update BUT a lot of people had it before AND it’s solved (for a certain period) changing the screen hardware.

One time poster
Message 18 of 363
Message 18 of 363

So after doing a screen test post prep up date the screen/software doesn't register multi point tap accurately. And it won't drag to the edge. Everything was working fine before update. So SONY SCREENS AREN'T COMPATIBLE WITH OREO. What's the fix. Sony replace all the screens under Warranty or a soft ware patch. 

Visitor
Message 19 of 363
Message 19 of 363

I had this issue before and after Oreo. It's in on warranty so probably a new screen. Or remanufacture. On my old Sony Z3 compact. Much better than the XA1.

Learner
Message 20 of 363
Message 20 of 363

Вчера поменяли сенсорс по ограничит пока все ок. Дело не в по. 

Yesterday changed the sensor to limit until all ok. It's not a matter of.

GT