account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Adviser
Message 101 of 377
Message 101 of 377

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

I can't use "p" or "k" letters. We need a solution Sony.

Learner
Message 102 of 377
Message 102 of 377

Hello,

Just to register the fact that I also have this issue.

So after doing a screen test post prep up date the screen/software doesn't register multi point tap accurately.
The edges of the screen almost do not respond at all, and the free Drawing test ( service test (*#*#7378423#*#* > Service tests > Touch > Free Drawing Test) demonstrate that! No drawing around the edges!

It's seems like the configured touch area are smaller than ecran size.

Screenshot_20180719-014341.png

One time poster
Message 103 of 377
Message 103 of 377

I had the exact same issue on my XA1 G3116 model. Oreo seems not compatible with the Xperia touch technology. It just happen June of this year, I did some TS myself, repairing with PC Companion, hard resetting, factory resetting, changing keyboard apps, and none of these works.

So as soon as I get back from out of town work, I searched for my warranty card and store receipt, good thing it's still in warranty, mine would expire November, so I brought it to TCI (Xperia Service Center here in Kapitolyo Pasig)

Last Friday. Then they SMS me, saying my phone is repaired and ready for pick up. I picked-up my XA1 just yesterday. 

I ask where's the TG, because I did not remove the screen TG, afraid that the necessary repairs may damage or scratch it. The Sony Guy said, "we replaced it with a new screen, sorry they might have misplaced your TG, hope it won't be a problem to you ma'am"

Since, I believe him that the screen has been replaced by new one like he said, I let it slide. Then he allowed me to do a bit of test on the touch screen. Since it looks fine and working again, I said thank you and went out happy with my XA1. ( and yes, they never ask any amount of money, I did not pay even a peso since it's still in warranty)

When I got home, I thought I want to try taking a selfy with my repaired XA1, I'm excited because Im used to the Sony Quality pictures which is what Sony is mostly famous of, the Sony Camera.

That's, when I noticed something is not right, it's not the same vivid, high- quality pictures anymore. I even check the camera settings and all. Still, the drop in picture quality is noticeable.

What happens to the quality camera of my XA1? Did TCI replace it with a clone type camera? Did they had my XA1 refurbished? Hopefully not. 

If this is how they fix and resolve Xperia units, they will soon lose business. I am a Sony/Xperia fan and user for years, a loyal Customer, so what the heck, I'm not afraid to change loyalty if this is how they work now. 😏

Regular
Message 104 of 377
Message 104 of 377

Xperia xa1 faulty and unsuccessful piece in market so replace all with other model

I think all Sony Xperia xa1 user face problem in touch because daily two or more then problem post is created on community.i have also face problem.

I will decide to replace my xa1 with other Sony model,if u want replace your phone then post here with replay ur already facing problem. we will get some result.

All India user post here...

One time poster
Message 105 of 377
Message 105 of 377

Exactly the same as everybody else...spoke to Sony and strange how they made out I was like the only person to experience this in the whole world. Posting tomorrow will let you guys know the result

One time poster
Message 106 of 377
Message 106 of 377

Re: Welcome to the Forum, please introduce yourselves!

Hi I m baljit from india I'm using Sony phones from the last 7years but now I m depressed with Sony as I'm using Xa1 but after updating oreo it creating lots problem like touch, lagginess, etc I think now Sony is a thing of past as rivals are more value for money plz give Solution if any

Learner
Message 107 of 377
Message 107 of 377

Sony replyed me with a default answer (the basics tests) although I gave them the thread link of a GENERAL/ GLOBAL problem..

Come on Sony...  I Think you are more clever than that!!!

Crying Face

Feeling angry...

Visitor
Message 108 of 377
Message 108 of 377

My son has the same problem. I tend not to update my phone immediately and wait a few months but somehow his was turned to auto update. We both have the XA1. I am still working perfectly on the old OS, although I keep getting nagging messages to update. His is a brick.

In addition, both of our phones are having issues charging, in fact his will no longer charge.

Come on Sony, get this resolved ASAP or I suspect a class action law suite will be coming your way.

One time poster
Message 109 of 377
Message 109 of 377

For not working display or touching screen is not working

Sir I bay Sony xperia xa1 above 3 month ago and this mobile display is non working sir please help me to get the best service or solution, thank you 

One time poster
Message 110 of 377
Message 110 of 377

Re: Xperia XZ touch screen problem

Que tal buenas tardes hace 5 días adquirí un plan en Ecuador en la empresa CNT. Y el telefono me ha salido con un defecto que al escribir en el teclado no me coje la letra , A ,la ,P la ,Q y cuando preciono una letra me sale la que está en los lados que puedo hacer ? Ayúdenme con eso por fabor

That such good afternoon 5 days ago I acquired a plan in Ecuador in the company CNT. And the phone has come out with a defect that when writing on the keyboard does not take the letter, A, the, P, Q and when I precede a letter I get the one that is on the sides I can do? Help me with that by fabor

gt