account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Emperor
Message 361 of 374
Message 361 of 374

Re: Some parts of the screen doesn't work

@Ortega2 

Could you test your device's touchscreen?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

One time poster
Message 362 of 374
Message 362 of 374

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Jjust to add to the growing number of voices who have the same issue. Nothing appears to work. Downloading a different keyboard, resarting and a reset. Nothing works, phone is pretty much useless.

SONY really should sort this. Very unhappy customer.

Adviser
Message 363 of 374
Message 363 of 374

Hi,

I have also Sony Xperia XA1 dual SIM. After my android upgrade to Oreo and after 8 months I am facing the same problem as well.

i read all pages of this topic and as it seems Sony did not resolve it yet. I will return my device back to store which I was bought it and I will ask my money back.

Also such they are not giving us an OFFICIAL ANSWER ABOUT THIS ISSUE its better to submit our complaints on Sony Pages in social media like Facebook, Twitter etc.

We have not extra money to trash them to buy Sony devices.

Regards,

Van-Helsing

One time poster
Message 364 of 374
Message 364 of 374

Xperia XA1 Screen not working in borders

Since I started to use this device I've noticed a severe lack of sensitivity in all the edges of the screen. Touching the edges is useless, the telephone doesn't perceive anything, even of you press with different fingertips, it doesn't work. And now, also the 3 buttons at the bottom (triangle, circle, square) are failing.  Has someone with the same problem found a solution?

One time poster
Message 365 of 374
Message 365 of 374

Re: Xperia XA1 Screen not working in borders

Me experiencing the same. 

Visitor
Message 366 of 374
Message 366 of 374

How to get Google keyboard? pls post the steps to install google keyboard. thanks in advance.

Adviser
Message 367 of 374
Message 367 of 374

I was downloaded from play store and i followed the installation instructions of app. As it seems the problem is located on digitizer. I sent it to service center to change the digitizer or replace my device as it cover by warranty.

One time poster
Message 368 of 374
Message 368 of 374

Adding yet another post to this never-ending thread. I'm unable to swipe down the notification bar from the top, so I've resorted to using an app (Expand Statusbar) to do it for me. I've installed Gboard so that I can press 'p' and 'q' as I lost sensitivity along the sides too. But now the navigation bar along the bottom has also started to lose sensitivity alot of the time.

I've tried a software repair using the Xperia Companion to no avail. Will this issue ever be fixed?

Regular
Message 369 of 374
Message 369 of 374

Go to Google Playstore.Search Gboard install.

One time poster
Message 370 of 374
Message 370 of 374

The scroll down bar is blocked

How do i fix yhe scroll bar blocked?