account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Message 301 of 384
Message 301 of 384

Sony Xperia XA1 screen is defective

Dear Sirs,

I have purchased mobile Sony Xperia XA1. I have several problems since I purchased it.  The edges of touch screen are not responding after. I have to tap letters "p" or "q" several times before it responds and currently is not working.

I discovered that problem is common for that mobile as per Sony Forum website. I sent your branch in Egypt several emails to assist and they insist that I have to bring the mobile to their maintenance team and leave it for more than two weeks to keep it fixed.

I tried to convince them that their offer is not realistic as I can't leave the mobile for a problem that will return again as this mobile model is defective. In addition, it is not fair for me to purchase a mobile to use it till my old one is fixed as I use my mobile is my daily work.

Kind regards,

Mohamed

One time poster
Message 302 of 384
Message 302 of 384

Touch

Screenshot_20190225-112224.png

Regular
Message 303 of 384
Message 303 of 384

Re: Touch

Screenshot_20190226-062458.png

Just got this new build that seems to of  fixed a majority of the screen issue. I did the screen test and I'd say all but the extreme edges are now responding .While not a full fix, whatever they did made the phone way more usable. I'm thinking the screen might be totally fixed after a few hours. It slowly got worse so why can't it slowly get better. Either way this update helped in a big way, I can use the keyboard again with no issues. 

1yz
One time poster
Message 304 of 384
Message 304 of 384

Same issue here. I've downloaded the latest software update as of March 1, 2019 and still the edges doesn't work compared before the oreo update. The edges most especially the upper right corner does not work. I always have to rotate the screen so I can use the buttons located usually in the upper right corner. Also, the back and the home button, as well as the tag window button does not work, unless you press several times. This is really frustrating since I can't use this phone properly. 

One time poster
Message 305 of 384
Message 305 of 384

I loved Sony until the day my XA1 presented problems. I'm frustrated! I can not type the letters 'q' and 'p', or the number key without turning to the side the phone! Now the back key and the multi-tiles also do not work! I paid so dearly on this handsome smartphone and it only caused me a headache! I am disgusted with Sony's lack of respect for its customers. FOR GOD, MAKE A UPDATE THAT SOLVES OF OUR PROBLEM! OREO !!

One time poster
Message 306 of 384
Message 306 of 384

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Przeprowadzilam test ekranu dotykowego i blisko krawedzi mi nie łapie. Litery p i q musze klikac kilka razy zeby sie udalo a gorny pasek menu wogole juz przestał działać, muszę podwojnie klikac przycisk home aby mi gorne menu sie pokazalo. Da sie to samemu jakoś naprawić czy trzeba oddać do serwisu? Posiadam sony xperia xa1 

One time poster
Message 307 of 384
Message 307 of 384

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

Es un desastre este celular. No responde la pantalla, el costado derecho superior ni las letras p ni a. Es imposible usarlo. Soy de Argentina y no hay forma de solucionarlo. 

One time poster
Message 308 of 384
Message 308 of 384

Touch screen problem

The touch screen on my device has gradually shrunk to the point where I can no longer touch anything around the edge of the screen. I am unable to type using the edge of the keyboard, bring up the options tab at the bottom or notifications tab on top. Extremely dissatisfied, as this is my first sony phone and is barely 6months old. Attached is screen test.Screenshot_20190327-140328.png

Pioneer
Message 309 of 384
Message 309 of 384

Re: Touch screen problem

Many (every?) users with the same problem, including myself. No solution, I'm afraid. 

One time poster
Message 310 of 384
Message 310 of 384

Touch screen not working at the edges

It's getting worst over time. The touch screen does not work at the edges. For examplee hard  to type 'p' or '0'.