account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Oreo update issues - touch screen

afj
Apprentice
Message 1 of 374
Message 1 of 374

Oreo update issues - touch screen

Edge of touch screen not responding after update. I have to tap letters "p" or "q" several times before it responds. Worked fine before oreo update. I have tried software repair but the problem persists.

Thank you. 

373 REPLIES 373
Emperor
Message 2 of 374
Message 2 of 374

Re: Oreo update issues - touch screen

@afj

Could you test the display?

Could you test your device?

Settings > About phone > Diagnostics > Test

Oreo

Settings > Support > Tests

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

afj
Apprentice
Message 3 of 374
Message 3 of 374

Already did. The drawing test shows that you can't draw as near as the edge as you used to (before the update). Other tests behave normally since you can tap further from the edge and still select the square. Problem only happens when you are tapping something as close to the edge as the letter p in the keyboard or settings on the top right corner of an app.

Thank you for the quick response. 

Learner
Message 4 of 374
Message 4 of 374

I have the same problem and many others... After update to oreo... 

Learner
Message 5 of 374
Message 5 of 374

I have the same, the very edge seems way less responsive p is OK on mine but q takes several tries, also the lockscreen swipe takes several attempts on every go. . Symptoms started immediately after Oreo update... 

Scarily noticing the trend of Sony blaming the hardware on other threads but sure it must be the update due to immediacy of symptom and how it seems to be the entire screen on lockscreen, never dealing with their service centers again after the worst service I've ever encountered when I sent in my z3 .. Should have learnt my lesson... 

Learner
Message 6 of 374
Message 6 of 374

Touchscreen issues after oreo update FIXED!!!!!

All i did was replace the swiftkey keyboard (that comes as default) with the google keyboard ... Working perfectly now, even on the lockscreen ...if sony have a contract with swiftkey they wont be happy that this will encourage everyone to switch.. i havent checked any other keyboards ...hope this works for everyone else ...

Learner
Message 7 of 374
Message 7 of 374

Also the most problem even with the latest update. It seems that the developers just turn a blind eye to people's complaints. The otjaby translated back to Androyd 7.0 so I did not twist the phone to type sms. Ato over me already laugh types Japanese kastastno.skoro absolutely stop buying such a product with such a helmet and.

Также самая проблема даже с последним обновлением. Такое ощущение что разработчики просто закрывают глаза на жалобы людей. Отябы перевели обратно на Андройд 7.0 чтобы я не крутил телефон чтобы напечатать смс. Ато надо мной уже смеются типов японское качастно.скоро совсем перестанут покупать такой продукт с такими каска и. 

@Yura2

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Learner
Message 8 of 374
Message 8 of 374

And for some reason those who preached my message were deleted.

И почему-то преведущие моё сообщение удалили. 

@Yura2

I've edited your post as this is an English only forum, you can use Google Translate to reply and/or post.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 374
Message 9 of 374

Same here. Did an update yesterday and I immediately have issues witch unlocking screen and swiping websites. Sony please respond what are my options. Can tech support roll back my update? The phone worked perfectly before update!!!!

Learner
Message 10 of 374
Message 10 of 374

Azaaa have u tried dowloading a different keyboard? I found that solved all the issues i war having let us know if it works